IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, July 4, 2008

Things I'm good at

There are lots of things I'm good at. I can fix anything that's broken. I can build a building. I can give a great pep talk. I can pull out a smile every time. I can wash the dishes like nobodys business. I can unconditionally love. I can see both sides. I can catch a big bass or not, and still have a great time. There are lots of things I'm good at. There are also things I want to be better at. My job, my faith, being a good friend and most of all loving my wife. I have only gone to God with all my heart twice in my life. Meeting Kirstynn was the answer the second of those two prayers. Every day with her is confirmation for me that despite myself my Heavenly Father loves me and so does my wife. Just the other day when she told me she loved me I said, "Really?" "Of course" she said. "I don't love me most of the time, how do you do it?" I asked. She just smiled and kissed my cheek. Sigh, she's the best. I don't know how it happened that the one person who can put up with the insensitive and stubborn nature I have, landed in my lap. Well, truth be told it did require a little convincing on my part. We had only been dating for a bit when after a particularly great date I caught Kirstynns eyes (my heart still pounds nervous when i think of it) and told her I was in love with her. "I'm in love with you," I said. "oh", she said and looked down. "Thank you." A quick peck and she fled into her apartment. Little over a year it took for me to sell her on the idea of spending her life with me. Another year to win eternity with her. To this day being Kirstynn's husband is on my list of things I need to do better. I am just grateful that she loves me today and will give me one more birthday to get it right. Happy Belated Birthday Baby! I love you Kirstynn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaahaaaowwww.
Lulu

AMy said...

I don't cry about these kind of things...I have made it a point not to...sniffles...this is so cute.