IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Taste" Chicago!

Every year for two weeks the city hosts a Festival just about FOOD!!!! I desperately try to save up the calories for that day I get to visit. It is great for those of us who love food, but ya gotta love lots of people as well! Of course Chicago is known for the pizza, blues, hot dogs, baseball, ect. But, The Taste of Chicago has hundreds of local restaurants all in 5 city blocks! The admission is free, but you pay $8.00 for 12 tickets. It is located in Grant Park which is also in the Financial District. Besides the food being the best, the people watching is great too. You see all walks of life, business men on lunch break, SAHM's, nannies, MISSIONARIES!!!, old, young, BIG, and little! Each restaurant has a "Sample Menu" where you can purchase a taste of something ranging from 2-10 tickets! Mostly you just get a "Taste" of something, but you can also get a HUGE something. Here are some pics of the fabulous food. I may need a TUMS after the post! It gives me heartburn just by looking at this food!!!!


Chicago does GUACAMOLE!


Chicago does frozen chocolate bananas!


Chicago does Smokin BBQ Ribs!


Chicago does Pad Thai! A couple of different ways actually!


Sittin, restin, pickin, poppin Tums!


I have been waiting for pictures from my girls, so I could post some on here, and I can't wait any longer! You are BOTH in big trouble! This post is super lame! But it is in my drafts box, and screwing up the chi in my life!

2 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Waaaaa(in my whiniest crybaby voice). I want to go back so bad :(
The chocolate banana...was my fave. Yummy!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

If you want to come over to my house and see if you can figure how to make a cd...I would love it. I'm so bugged that I used to have no problems at all making cd's and now my computer has turned to crap. I need help. I want to get you the pictures sooo bad. Please know that I'm not holding out on you deliberately. Love you!