IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

68 Days!


It is only 68 days till the 5K race! I was running today, and thought... I AM NOT READY for the race. So I am steppin up the training. I have been really promoting this event, because, I want friends to support ME! But, today I went on to see what the race supports (Maybe I should have done that earlier?) Anyways, it is perfect! It supports a couple of different benefits. The Ann Arbor track and cross country (Joel's stompin turf) and also the Special Olympics. I am really looking forward to it. It is open to all 11-80 yrs old. I have every intention of being beat by the 11yrs olds! But if I get beat by an 80 year old... oh how embarrassing! It is at Kensington Park, and if you are feeling really ambitious, they are hosting a 15K as well, and it has won all sorts of awards for their 15K path. Me, maybe next year. Leave me a post if you are going to run or show up to cheer! Here is the link to registrar! Here is the link to help you train. YOU CAN DOOO IT!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I think I am going to run too. I have been looking for a 5K that is on a Saturday. I will let you know for sure, but I am definitely going to think hard about it and will likely run.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Like I said before I wouldn't even run if I was on fire. No but seriously all kidding aside...I think what you are doing is great and I will be there to support you 100%. If my life wasn't so crazy right now I'd totally join in on the training and attempt it. Maybe next time. You've inspired me.