IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting to the POINT!

In case this is my last blog post! Tonight, our Smith friends, and us (minus 4 kids) are going to Sandusky, OH. and tomorrow morning we are going to ...


The last time I was there, was the year before Nora was born. When I was a teenager, I would be up all night anticipating the day of fabulous fun! The last time I was there, I thought, I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS CRAP! I guess this time we are anxious because The Smiths are so fun to hang out with, and they have never been there. So seeing their excitement is going to be worth the whole trip! Last time I checked, this park had the most roller coasters in one park, then any other park in the world. It is always competing to be the biggest, fastest, tallest, longest, longest lines, and most expensive park ever! The "Millennium Force" was the last biggest Joel and I were on. I remember getting on, thinking, this could be it. I am going to be on the news! As we were inching towards the top, I thought, "Wow, we must be almost there... OH MY!!! Not even close, look down... I can't see anything, my vision is clouded by... CLOUDS!" It was quite the thrill, and honestly, I can't believe I am doing it again. But of course this year, they are even bigger! The "Dragster" is supposed to be great, but the last time we were there, they couldn't open it, because there was a light wind, and when you have that tall of a ride, it is dangerous to ride when there is even a teenie blow of wind. What happens if someone sneezes? Maybe we will sit that ride out. Then again, what fun would that be?

7 comments:

Julie Barb said...

Oh, how fun!!!!!!!...I am so jealous! Cedar Point is my absolute fav!! Have so much fun!!

The Prices said...

Hope you guys are having fun at this very moment! Hope you decided to ride the dragster too...we really liked it.

Cristi said...

Have FUN!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You guys are going to have a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it. If you come back and decide that your not to old for that kind of crap after all then please let me know and maybe we'll tag along next time :) It's going to be a riot for sure.

Clear the clutter said...

We haven't been to Cedar Point since 1995! I can't imagine all of the amazing rides that are there now. Some day when tickets for 4 aren't around $2000 we will need to get back to try it out. The kids would love the kiddie stuff, but we would love the adult fun, so maybe we would need to bring a nanny with us!

NatalieHemingway said...

We haven't been there in 2 years. We used to go every Spring... no lines then. You'll have to let us know how the new coasters are I heard a pretty cool one just opened.

AMy said...

Lance and I went on tuesday and it was amazing! When we got there I felt like a little kid in a candy store...have a blast and throw those arms up!