IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth!

Because my birthday is near the fourth, I feel extra patriotic this time of year. I tear up when I hear the national anthem, or the country song, "God Bless the USA". I love the American Flags, but when they blow in the wind, I get chills. Good thing when I see fireworks, I just say, "Ooooh", and "Ahhhh".

This fourth, we went to a parade in the morning. Nora stuffed herself with sugar, and was glazed over the whole way home. (The same way she looks when she has spent the day at Lulus!) When we got home, we had some belated birthday cake. (Joel... really, I love you!) Anyways, after the belated birthday cake, we all took LONG naps, anticipating the late night ahead! After the naps, we went to our friends beach house. (PARTY PLACE! During summer). The J's always know how to throw a party, and last night was no exception. Papa brought his boat, and Nora got her first boat ride! The pictures look like she was terrified, but really, she loved it. Then we ate, played, chatted. Nora made new friends. Then we took all the boats out on the water to watch 3-5 firework displays! They were all around us. We are so lucky!!! We got home super late and because my child is perfect, she is still sleeping, and so I can post!

The plumbing company was passing out, mini plungers, toilet paper and tootsie rolls! Eeeeewww!!!



I don't like the frosting, and Nora doesn't like the cake, so together, we get enough of what we love. Good thing birthday cake doesn't come every day!



The weather on the 4th was perfect! (Another thing that made me teary eyed! We are so blessed to live in this BEAUTIFUL country!)


First boat ride together as a family! Nora will warm up to it..


"There ain't no doubt I love this land! God Bless the USA!"

0 comments: