IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Painting the Town RED!

I am trying to teach Nora her colors. She learned blue first, about a month ago. It must be her favorite color, becuase everything to her is "Blue". Last week we learned green, and sometimes if I ask her "What color?" It is first "Blue". Then I say, "No", she says, "Green". I was very proud that she learned those two colors as fast as she did. So I have been working on red. Not as easy! Everything is Blue... sometimes green! So today we cut into my people magazine, looking for red! We ate only RED popsicles. RED tomatoes, RED suckers, RED skittles, RED juice.

Me: "Nora, what color is mommies finger nails?"
Nora: "Blue"
Me: "NO"
Nora: "Green"
Me: "NO, Look, what color?"
Nora: "Blue"
Maybe more tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I love your stories about Nora. I'm telling you write a book, write a book, write a book. You really no how to keep the readers interested.
I want more!!!!!

Clear the clutter said...

What a great and creative mommy you are. Colors are hard for them to get at first, she is doing great!

Cristi said...

I LOVE it!!!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Keagan thinks every color is either first yellow then blue then no no:) I love your idea about eating all red things and the little poster you made Nora...I might just have to copy you.