IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, July 28, 2008

Super Hero!

Joel and I got a sitter on Friday night, aka. the best babysitter on the planet. (No, seriously! If I were to hand pick the best, cutest, funest, 14 year old, she still would not be as good as "Hay J". It was a first for us. With our parents living so close, we are blessed with free babysitting, almost anytime we need it. This weekend, we thought we would give the grandparents the week off! Anyways, how many 14 year olds do you know that will send me a text, saying, "Hope you are having fun, we are!" She is so great! I even had to call her mom the next day, and tell her how much I LOVE HER!)
Anyways... so we went and saw Batman! Everybody seems to have to same opinion on the movie. It was great, erie, creepy, scary, lame story, long, blah blah. I think the Joker made the movie, and would see it again, only because he was so great.
But speaking of SUPERHEROS, Tearz made Superhero cookies with her boys, and they looked so fun, and yummy, I thought I would do it with my kid(s), and my adorable nephew! It was so fun, and they were yummy.





The trick to these brightly colored treats? Food color PASTE! I told the lady at the candy making store, "I want what ever it is that makes their mouths turn BLUE!" Thanks Tearz for your post, and for your friend who came up with the idea! GREAT and FUN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable - bet the kids just loved them. I discovered food color paste just a few years ago when surfing for black and orange dye for halloween cookies and will never go back to using anything else - it works great and no worries about its safety.

And lookie all the fun things one can do with it! :)

Anonymous said...

Those look so good and fun! My boys would love to do this!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun making these. Maybe we should get together and make them....or should I say let our kids get their hands dirty and make them. Oooooh that might be difficult seeing as how we both have issues if they don't turn out looking perfect and pretty. If we do this we should seriously sit on our hands as our kids craft their masterpieces :)