IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, August 31, 2008

ROAD TRIP!



Super Lame Title, I KNOW! I am recovering from the LONGEST day and a half, in a LONG time! Remember how Alie, and the kids were supposed to go see Grandma last week, and things didn't work out, so we were going to see her this week? Here is the rest of the story. Grandma called me on Tuesday, and said, "Please still come, however, I was able to get an appointment with a new doctor about having my hip surgery earlier then October, and I really need to get in to see him. So I will be at your moms house till Friday, then I will see you kiddies when I get home." So us "kiddies" took 6 hours to drive 200 miles. We stopped once to do some shopping, and that was great for the other "kiddies" to burn off some energy. We got to Grandmas house around 8:30pm. Alie got her kids to bed, and I was trying to get mine. NOT happening. Since she doesn't ever sleep in her pack'n'play, I didn't bring it. I assumed she would fall asleep, and just sleep with me. After an hour of failing at that, Alie gave it a crack. Also, FAIL! Then I took her for a 20 minute drive (I know, I always make fun of moms that have to do that, but it worked!), she fell asleep in the car. I carried her inside, and put her to bed. Phew... no problem. How will I do this at Disney? Do you think Mickey makes house calls, and will taxi us around the park, till she falls asleep? Doubt it. So Alie and I stayed up talking about life, and two hours later, Nora woke up. *DRATS* Alie went to bed, and I stayed up for the next 3 hours, trying to get her to sleep. WAS NOT going to happen. Too much to see, and do at grandmas! I fell asleep around 2:30 am. Not sure what time she fell asleep, all I know is she woke up at 6am! So we were up for the day! the beach is going to be REAL fun! I called Grandma, and asked if she would bring the Pack'N'Play with her, so at least Nora would be contained, and maybe I could sleep, even if she were screaming the entire time! Then I found out, that Grandma wasn't coming home. She had an appointment for a pre-op exam, and was going to stay till Tuesday. Right then, Alie and I made an executive decision to GET OUT OF DODGE! So we came home. We first stopped by The LARGEST CHRISTMAS STORE IN THE WORLD, Bronners in Frankenmouth. And hung out in the German town for a minute.

Problem* I switched my camera to shoot in RAW, and when I loaded them on the computer, I can't open them. Come to find out, my editing software came out before my camera, and I need to upgrade it, which is not as easy as it should be. Unfortunately right now, I can't show all the great Christmas store pictures, but I was able to get a few melt down pictures, and crazy Ky pictures. Both of which are very easy to get ANYTIME!

2 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I love that picture of you and Allie! You guys look like your having so much fun despite the chaos coming from the backseat. And that last picture of Nora ha ha ha I love it. So funny. You're road trip does sound exhausting but at least you were in good company. You and Allie are so lucky to have each other.

NatalieHemingway said...

Grayson pulled a "nora" at our ward campout last weekend. He fell asleep in the tent around 11pm, woke at 11:30, and was up until 4am!! It was awful! We woke him up and left at 8am. These little ones really know how to mess up fun travel plans.