IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Movie/Theater Review


This movie came out on Friday, "Fly Me to the Moon". Ky was counting down the days. In Brighton, the theater has 20 some screens. You would think that for sure they would play this movie. WRONG! So Alie, myself, and the kids went to Novi to see it. It was in 3D. HOW FUN! Let me tell you, Nora does something at least once a day that just cracks me up. Today the theater was the place. She is so stinkin small, that her body weight can't keep the seat down. She sat in this booster seat, with a tub of popcorn the size of her entire upper body. That in itself was a sight to see. I wish I could have gotten a picture! Then she puts on the 3D glasses that are made for 4 year olds. So this alone was worth the trip! I loved the movie. I have a big beef with flies in my house right now, so this softened my heart to the nasty little annoyances! I love that the kids movies now, are even educational. Did you know that Flies have over 4,000 lenses per eye (they only have 2 eyes) but can't see worth a darn! It makes me feel a little better about taking Nora to movies. So, it was a very cute movie, and I loved it. The 3D part of it was so great. I felt like I could really reach out and touch the moon. 3D movies aren't what they used to be. Great graphics, and cute story. Now, onto my review of the theater. We went to The Emagine Entertainment Theater in Novi. They charged me for Nora's ticket, which usually children under 2 are free. Oh well, not a big deal, paid for her ticket. Well, since the 3D glasses didn't even fit her, and the movie was blurry without the glasses, the movie meant nothing to her! That was my biggest complaint. I really didn't want to make a stink of it, so I didn't. I woke up this morning, and it was still bothering me. So I called them right away, and told them my issue. The manager was very apologetic, and said she would send me a free pass. Which was nice, but since I don't go there regularly, doesn't mean a lot. I basically wanted her to know that the glasses were the problem, and that not all kids can wear them. Oh well. So that is my review. I would recommend it to anyone. Older and young. Not small though. Later today, we will see if we can recreate the scene of Nora in her movie chair. She is so funny!

1 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

That was a fun movie and I am so glad you guys came with us! I love your daughter, she is so frickin sweet! ...Lala