IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, August 25, 2008

Favorite Cooker Books!


After a maddening week of slaving away in the kitchen, I have to thank the ones who got me through it! These are a few of my favorite cook books. I have developed quite the collection, but I love these ones the most. "How to Cook Everything" has become my bible in the kitchen. When my little friend Maggie started to read, she read the title, and said, "Everything?" I said, "Yep, name some food, and we'll see if it is in here." "Grilled Cheese?" "YUP", "Macarroni and Cheese?", "YUP", "Spaghetti?", "YUP", "I know a really good one, Ratatouille!", "Hmmm, that is a good one, really that is a French food though, so I doubt it would be- YUP!" This book has everything from the most basic to the most fancy recipes. I love it! I have a confession, I don't know how to make rice. I know... I make fancy, funky foods all day long, but I never remember how to make rice! So, at least onces per week, I am on the rice page! I am so lame! So, if you are in the market for a MUST HAVE recipe book, these are a few to get started!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I want to try Ratatouille - I love the movie but fear that won't translate.

AMy said...

ummmm...I think I may need more than a book...one day I will become the domestic kitty I was always meant to be...one day :)

Anonymous said...

I think I need to borrow some of those fancy cook books to go with my fancy new apron. Starting Monday ( with your help) I am going to be the best “ domestic diva” this side of M59. Can’t wait ! :)