IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The day of our fourth!

I was really bucking for 31 posts in July! The end of the months crept up on my, and now here we are the 2nd day of AUG! Life has been mostly crazy in the last three days. I am not sure why? I need to sit down today, and re-evaluate my "time management" and see where I am going wrong. I was doing really good there for a minute. My sewing machine has seen more action in the last week then it has the entire time I have owned the thing. I have to admit, we have been getting along great though, and I think we have a great relationship. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

As I mentioned in my last post, we celebrated our 4th Anniversary on Thursday. I think Joel was feeling guilty about my birthday, and so he took the whole day off work. In the morning, Nora and I went to get our hair cut! It was her first hair cut. She looks like a little girl now! NO MORE MULLET! It is definitely a challenge to get a 21 month old to hold super still long enough to get an even cut! Katie did awesome! (Maybe because she has a 22 month old?) We didn't do the bangs, because, well... that would be too easy! and mommy wants to grow out her bangs.

BEFORE-Mullet

DURING- 1st hair cut
Almost AFTER-Trying to keep her distracted.

Later that day, "Hay J", a.k.a. that best 14 year old I KNOW! came to watch Nora, while Joel and I went to play in Ann Arbor. We brought the new camera/anniversary gift, and took some fun pics in the Law Quad, and the Diag at University of Michigan. We walked, and talked. It was a great kick off to number five. I felt like we were college students preparing for an exciting adventure.

This cube actually spins. I gave it a a couple run arounds, and I think I may have messed up the Tau Chi Class going on. Oops.
I have never been in such a clean pool hall! It was so refreshing!
This is Joel as "Two Face". He is such a goof ball! (By the way, two face is the Comic book Character. I just learned of him while watching Batman!)
I found this in my garden when we came home. Apparently it is someone elses anniversary too. Had to break up the party... Not happenin in MY beans!

I have been asked a few times, "What is the song you and Joel danced to at your wedding?" Well, we didn't have any dancing at our wedding. No, not because Mormons don't dance, MORMONS do dance! It was a personal preference. We had a very small simple reception. The song that we have for each other is by Joel's all time favorite artist Tom Petty. It is the perfect song that sums up the way we feel about each other!



On to ETERNITY!

3 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

Who the heck is Tom Petty? I love the pics...especially the inappropriate one in the garden...that is classic. ...alie

Clear the clutter said...

Wow! That pool hall is MUCH nicer than the one at our hotel in Northern Michigan. Even thinking of that place sends my stomach swirling and my head feeling like it is in a vice. 4 years, time goes by too fast. Who thinks Mormons don't dance? Is that some weird thing that people think of because of Footloose?

Laurel said...

Nora looks BEAUTIFUL as always! I can't believe how much she has grown in the short time we've been here.
CONGRATS on the new camera! I love the love bugs ;). Our bushes are full of them. Can't wait to see more pics with it.