IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Deception in the KITCHEN

What do you get when 4 sneaky moms, and 7 picky eatin kids, enter the cleanest, most organized kitchen on the planet?

That was the story today at my new friend Julies house! We were all inspired by Jessica Seinfeld. Today was PUREE day! This book has all the great ways to trick your kids into eating their vegetables. My kid is young enough, that she doesn't need much convincing. The older kids on the other hand... well, here is the rest of the story....

Step 1: Pick out the recipes, and the vegetable you will be using.

Step 2: steam the vegetables (rice steamers work great, so do micro cookers, and ovens, and basket steamers... we used a little bit of everything!) We pureed; carrots, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, squash, and sweet potatoes.





Step 3: the actual puree (for this we used the trusty not dusty, food processor!)


Step 4: bag it up! and freeze it!



Step 5: make a yummy treat for the kiddies!


Step 6: DON'T TELL THEM WHAT'S IN IT! You'll be sorry!


These purees will be used throughout the week in meals Im cookin. Shhhh, don't tell Joel or baby! They will never know. TO BE CONTINUED....

6 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Wish I could've been there. you guys will just have to tell me which ones are worth making again and which ones aren't. Love your pictures!

Sisters staying connected... said...

I'm with Ms Urbin...tell me how it goes! Was it a lot of work, or am I just lazy?

Laurel said...

Love the pictures! I'm suddenly very hungry... My sister-in-law made me the mac and cheese from the book and it was really good!

Anonymous said...

I love the stacks of ready-to-use purees!

Kevin said...

First - that's my clean kitchen, actually it's Julie's, but I married her.

Second - great photos, artistic and you should take some of me for my blog.

Third - those brownies were a 5 at best.

Anonymous said...

I was hardly cringing and I think that we did a good job of cleaning as we went! Your post and pictures are awesome! Can't wait to do it again. P.S Next time let the brownies cool before serving...much better, still not great, but much better that way.