IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Warm Fuzzies ALL DAY!

Tuesday we went to see our friends at Ashley Court again! This month we brought colored noodles, and made necklaces for our friends. Then we gave them a little mini concert. It is such an amazing feeling to be there. I know that they are in the final stages of their life, and that our presence doesn't mean a lot to them, but I know that when they pass on, and leave this life, they will once again remember their little friends that wanted to make them happy for a short minute in this life. My girl is really too little to understand what we are doing there, but there are kids that want to go there. It is so comforting to see the kids that know what is going on, and chose to help. I hope and pray that when Nora does know the difference, she will still chose to help. *END MUSHINESS*... pictures... friends, don't hate me! Not only is it fun to see the kids play, and sing, it is even more fun to see the moms! I played DJ, and photographer, so unfortunately, I didn't make it in any of the pictures! BIG FAT BUMMER!!!

This is my new friend Julies son Micah! He is my new favorite little 3 year old. I can see him as future son-in-law material!!! Precious, as he gives his work of art to his new friend. This is Emery. He cracks me up. I think I posted a pic of him last time. It is so great to see him every month, even if he is a Spratan fan!
The girls love to help Nora, and she loves the help.
This necklace didn't fit, so we made it a head band. She held onto "Her baby" the entire time we were there.
GO CARRIE! GO JULIE! Bittany, I am going to have to ask you to do a little better next time. That tea pot of yours, is a little bland! But Quinn makes a MEAN pot of tea!!!


Later that evening, I had Achievement Day Girls with the girls at church. It is only the second activity I attended since getting the calling. What DRAMA! 15 or so 8-11 year old girls. WOW! We played kick ball. When one team was losing, one girl quit! When one girl didn't know how to play, she laid on the field and cried. I looked on in disbelief! I have a lot to learn. Ice cream, and lemon aide makes everything better. In the middle of the game, 6 hot air balloons were showing up to see us compete!!! Nora was SO excited! Her balloon shirt brought good luck tonight! I was so happy I had my camera!


It is days like these, I get on my knees at night, and thank my Father for the amazing blessings that he continues to pour upon my family!

5 comments:

Clear the clutter said...

What is your new calling? Oh girl drama, you are just starting to get to that stage with Nora, just you wait!

Nancy said...

HI, My name is Nancy and I hope that you do not think that I am a blog stalker. I actually googled size 12 months panties for my little girl Paige because I am having a hard time finding them. Anyways- your blog was on that list and I had to take a peek. By the way- did you ever find any panties? I was really hoping that maybe someone had an idea of where to get them. I hope that this comment doesn't freak you out- really that was not my intention. I have a blog too, feel free to take a look.
Sincerely-
Nancy

Kevin said...

That Micah sure is a cutie and he's mine!

AMy said...

Did I ever tell you how much I love you??? You are so awesome!

Julie Barb said...

that tea pot pic is pretty sweet:) I have more ideas for the next couple months...something with apples for September...wearing Halloween costumes in October?...Christmas carols for December...we'll talk:)