IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Baby Steps" part I...

I have yet to put anything very private on our blog. Why? I really don't have a clue who reads this. Unless you post to us who you are. So, welcome to my first post that could be considered private, and sensitive...

This issue specifically has been on our families mind in the last year. We have had a bugger of a time trying to get Nora her little brother or sister. It has not been something that we open up about. It is not something we spend hours and days, and months obsessing about. We are very patient, and calm with the situation. We went to see the doctor yesterday for our first visit. They were pretty confident that it will happen. We were able to get pregnant with our first (after 11months) so, it is just a matter of verifying what the problem is, and finding the appropriate remedy for it. Sometime this month we will have more tests done. We are very prayerful in this. We see more children in our family. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that our plan is set out by our Father in Heaven. Our plan, is His. We will continue to pray for this opportunity. Like I said, I have been so busy with my almost 2yr. old, that the issue doesn't consume me. She is definitely an only child, and her attitude proves it! She needs to have a sibling, so she knows that the world doesn't revolve around her, among many other reasons! Hopefully "Baby Steps" part II is some exciting, or informative news.
*Added later: Tests include- blood work done (day 3 of cycle), Mid-cycle ultra sound (day 13 of cycle), Joel meets small plastic cup, (can his boys swim?)
*Added later: Blood work came back, ALL NORMAL!
*Added later: Today (8/25) I had a mid-cycle ultra sound. It was very comforting, and helpful. I was told that I was ovulating, and that a cyst had opened up, and released some fluid around, and in my uterus. The doc was not alarmed by this finding. He said that it may water down the seman. Joel has an appointment next week to have an ultra-sound done, and also a seman sample! Yay for him! He said if he didn't already have a little one, he would say, "NO WAY". But since he knows the reward that comes from the whole experience, he is willing to make sacrafices. I love him! Talk about the man of my dreams!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Ahh - man. So personal and gooey. Just kidding, we've had our pains and have so many friends with horrible pains in this arena. But, like you said, patience, a 2 year old and God make it bearable. Unfortunately life’s greatest lessons come from crappy times like these.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Good luck! I have friends on ALL points of the road you are traveling! And we are pregnant right now PRECISELY for the reasons you gave - my BBJ is definitely an "only child" and I want to nip her attitude in the bud while I still can! Unless, of course, she plans on teaching her new little brother any tricks...and then I'm just in trouble.

As they say in China - Smooth winds to the end of your journey!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You're faith and devotion will definitely help you overcome this tiny little speed bump in this incredible journey that we call life. Continue trusting in his plan because you know that when the time is right everything will fall right into place. Stay prayerful and I will do the same. For now just focus on cherishing every second of every day that you have with your sweet little Nora. Maybe in God's eyes he thinks Nora isn't quite ready to share you and Daddy just yet. Maybe she needs your undivided attention for just a little while longer. Spoken from a Mom with 2...your attention will definitely be divided there is no doubt about that but the attention that they get from each other will make up for the areas that your lacking in. Love you!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Thanks. That was really uplifting to me. I need to be more like you on this subject. I need to be more patient. I have always wanted like 6 kids and so being 27 I just want to rush. I sometimes forget that what I want isn't what the Lord knows I need and our family needs. You'll have to let me know how everything goes with your tests. I went to my first appointment wit the fertility doc. I just have a bunch of blood work and test to do and be patient and wait to see what happens. Anyway, this post was suc an example of what I need to do more of.....turn it over to the Lord, thanks Kirstynn.

Jean Smith said...

kirstynn...i love it that you just lay it all on the line. i know you guys have been wanting another little nora (or maybe a little joel this time)...it is SOOO going to happen because you guys are awesome parents and Heavenly Father knows that.

thanks for sharing and can't wait to hear about babysteps part 2...

Tearz said...

I can't wait to hear about babysteps part 2. You and Joel created a little masterpeice with Nora and I know that the next little one will be just as perfect. I'm your cheerleader! Rarara....go Kirstynn!