IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The fruits I have not labored!

After I planted my garden, I developed SEVERE allergies. I was able to spend a few days a week weeding, and tending, until it got so bad, that I wasn't even able to spend a minute out side to breathe! I am pleased to announce MY ALLERGIES are under control! (Until next year!) My garden... NOT SO MUCH! This was our first garden, and we learned a lot, and have already made changes to put into place for next year. Like raised beds! I am too old, and lazy to be bending over, and getting dirty. We have researched all sorts of different ways to do the beds, and wil be starting it this year, to be ready for next. I love that there are vegetables that can grow even if nobody loves and cares for them. See what I picked today? These will be for sure planted in the next garden.

7 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

What lovely carrots you have! I am jealous, mine are not working out so well!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I think this pictures has earned you the title of Food Photography Queen!!!! Your picture rocks!

Tearz said...

Go Kirstynn!!!! Having a garden is so rewarding and I totally agree with the comment above....your photo is kicking some serious butt! Looks like something out of a Martha magazine.

Kevin said...

I want Julie to start gardening - please inspire her.

Sisters staying connected... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Urbin Photography said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

this is a great picture.

loves