IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 百!

In Chinese, 百 is the symbol for 100. One day, while blog hopping, I saw a post that was a celebration of their 100th post! I thought, WOW, it is going to take me forever till I get that far! It only took 5 months!!! So, Happy 100th TO ME!

I have been up late at night watching the Olympics. I tried watching it the following day, and it doesn't seem the same. I love the drama, the spirit of the games, and watching the unthinkable. I am not sure how it is possible to keep getting faster and faster times. Eventually it will only take 1sec to swim the freestyle 400m right? The record has to top out somewhere. I am very excited for the track events to get started. Joel gets really excited about track, and it brings him back to his youth. I love to see him light up, when they race the hurdles. He loves it!

Yesterday, I had an idea to make a treat with the kids. It was a messy treat, and rather then let the kids be creative, and do it their way, I got stressed, and didn't let them help as much as I should have. Licking fingers while preparing food is a big deal to me! I realize that I limit the kids to their potential by being a freak about stuff. One more thing I need to be better at. Anyways, I though the pictures turned out great, and they tasted even better. The kids got to eat several, so that made up for me being cranky! Lesson of the day, "Don't sweat the small stuff".




6 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

woo hoo rock on with your bad self...your pictures rock.

Tearz said...

What an awesome idea. Those really look like little cheese burgers. My boys are gonna love makes those. Need directions! Ps. I love your blog too~ (pps. called and am trying to set up a minisession with Laurel! You have the coolest photography friends!)

Nancy said...

Hey- thanks for all of the advise on the little undies. That will help me out a ton. My email address is -(ok but don't laugh. It was my hubby's old one from high school.) bansheert@hotmail.com
I scrolled down your posts and saw your food storage post and it was very useful.
So, I have has this funny thought. What a small world that we live in. I can't believe that by googleing something I got to your blog and you went to college in my old stomping ground. I also went to college there, it was changed to BYU-I my first semester. And- I could help but notice that you were LDS. It really is a small world. Ok, my kiddo's are trying to type with me so I'd better go.
PS- Love the little hamburgers. So cute. My mom is always telling me to calm down and not sweat the small stuff. "stuff isn't important, people are"

AMy said...

Do this taste as good as they look??

Cate said...

Oh.my.gosh.too.cute.for.words.

Julie Barb said...

YOu should write a book on cooking with kids...you're the best!