IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, August 17, 2008

HAPPY 32nd!

That's right, yesterday my MAN turned 32! I have to gush over him for only a minute. Apparently, on occasion, when he is working, and he misses his girls, he will go on THE BLOG, and catch up on what happens in our life. Lets say that only one time per year I am allowed to do this! I do it all the time at home, but for blogging sake, I think birthdays are appropriate!

Facts about Joel:

1) He has the biggest sweet tooth known to man! If I don't keep candy in the house, he will eat, chocolate chips, brown sugar, frosting, hot fudge, anything that contains sugar. He is as skinny as a rail, so it isn't too problematic! Funny story... Sunday was my turn for sharing time. My class discussed that for a hand out we would pass out York Peppermint Patties, with the saying "Jesus "MINT" for us to repent so we can live with Heavenly Father again." So, on Monday, I bought a pound of yorks. On Tuesday night, Joel came to me, with an obvious sugar buzz,

Joel: (said as he was literally bouncing on the bed) Hey, I did something, and you might be mad at me for it! BUT, I am pretty sure if I make you a bag of popcorn, you won't be mad.
Me: What did you do?
Joel: I can't tell you! (still bouncing) If you don't know, then I can't tell you. Really, I am sure you will be mad, but I know you will be better with popcorn. I can't tell you what I did.
Me: (Standing at the bed, hand on my hip, wondering what the heck he is on!) Joel, tell me, what did you do? I would rather you tell me, then me find out on my own.
Joel: That is the thing, you may not find out! So, if you don't know, I should wait because maybe you won't know!
Me: Joel, have you been eating candy-
Joel: Maybe
Me: Joel, did you eat my Jesus mints?
Joel: UH OH- Those were the Jesus mints? I didn't eat all of them I swear!

So, I made him bring me the ones that he didn't eat. He brought me 4! I am still cracking up at what a little kid he is!

2)When ever I call him, he answers the phone, "Beautiful". It doesn't matter if he is in the bathroom, in an office full of contractors, with his young mens group! Sometimes he is in a meeting with some major clients, and he will answer in a whisper, "Can't talk beautiful, call you later".

3) If you ask him his hobbies, he will say, playing with my daughter, spending time with my wife in the temple, playing in the yard, physical labor and eating candy. It is true, he loves to work! It is such a blessing to have an amazing father for our baby!

4) Speaking of baby, the first time Joel ever held a baby, was minutes after Nora was born. Who knew he would end up being such a pro?


I love you babes! Happy Birthday, and sorry to embarrass you, it is all because I love you so much!!

Nora and I are heading out of town this week, to visit my grandma, and so Joel can get his budgets done before we go to Disney. Won't be posting for a few days! Have a great week all!

1 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

Just one question...did he eat all his birthday candy yet?