IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let the countdown begin!!!


We are officially preparing for one of the most anticipated family vacations ever. Of course it is the first family vacation ever. In 23 days, my family, my brother and his family, and my parents are going to DISNEY WORLD! My mom started a tradition, that when each of her grand children turns 5, they are taking the whole family to see Mickey. Pretty freakin sweet deal, I think. When I was a nanny, I went to WDW with they family I worked for. I remember thinking it was TOTALLY lame. Now that I have my own child, I couldn't be more excited. Even though it is a trip for Kyree, it will still be fun for us too. I have made Nora a tutu for every day of the week. Each one represents a different princess. We have been watching on YOU TUBE, when kids meet the characters, so that she doesn't FREAK out when she meets them. So far so good. Remember when she met the Easter Bunny, not so cool. She is way past that stage though. Since she doesn't watch TV, she has no idea who Mickey is, so last week, we went to the library, and got some Disney movies, and books. She does love Pooh, and one day we are having breakfast with him and all his friends. We are also going to a "NOT SO SCARY" Halloween Party. All the characters are dressed in costumes, and all the villains come out. Nora is going as Cruelle De'Ville. Then for the "actual" birthday dinner, we are going to Mickey Mouse, Backyard BBQ. So tonight, we tie-dyed our t-shirts that we are going to wear. The kids had fun, and I was even able to relax, and let them be creative! Papa won the award for "Most Decorative", OF COURSE! He claims that he has never done tie-dye before. Whatever!

10 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

You are so cute, and fast! Thanks for letting us trash your casa. We had a ton of fun tonight. Ky wants to wear his shirt tomorrow! So funny. I am so excited to go to Disney! ...alie

Tearz said...

I so love tye-dye. Its not even funny how much I love it (its that hippie in me-lol). The shirts came out so awesome. Love how they all look like Mickey! Have fun on the trip.

Julie Barb said...

I'm so excited for you guys...love the tie-dye shirts:)

NatalieHemingway said...

Have fun! Tadj hates anything disney and will only go ONE time with the kids. We're going when Scarlett's old enough to remember. Sofia had a GREAT time with my parents though. I actually think my parents had more fun than she did.

Anonymous said...

oh, what a fun night. Thanks for planning, organizing, preparing and hosting. I am the LUCKIEST LULU in the world!!!

Kevin said...

I've never been and can't wait for my boys to get old enough to go with me.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You guys are sooo cute. I can't wait to hear all about it. It's going to rock!!!

AMy said...

Take me with you!

Laurel said...

You, Miss Kirstynn, are OUT OF CONTROL! You're a domestic diva.

Clear the clutter said...

I am really excited for you guys, you are going to LOVE it. Aaron figured when we went that he would get his enjoyment out of seeing how excited we all were, but trust me, he loved it to!