IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, August 7, 2008

"A" squared!

That is what the locals call it. Or Ace Deuce! Others call it Ann Arbor! Not only is my husband fabulous for letting me go out on my 2nd girls night this week, my mom is great for helping taking "The Moo" while Joel finished up working.

When the "BIG DOGS" asked me to hang with them, I could not resist! Two super great photographers let me tag along on an, "All photog trip" to "Ace Deuce"! I don't know ANYTHING about my camera, so I was mostly frustrated the whole time, but I had fun eating, and watching those two crazy cats!

We ate on the side walk at Gratzi! We all ate something delicious. I inspired the gals to love food photography! If it only brought in the big bucks like pet photography does!

Then we hit up an alley way, where we were hit up by what is called a "Transion", someone who has a place to wash up, and look presentable, but doesn't have established residency. Trying to get us for some cash, so he can help operate a homeless shelter. Blah, blah, blah!!! (Don't get me wrong, I am sure it was a great organization. I have seen A&E Intervention too many times to know that people will say, and do ANYTHING for their next "fix". And, as Laurel said, 10% of our income goes to an organization that distributes funds for different causes.) Anyway... so shooting in an alley, frustrated with the dang thing, being told, "IT TAKES TIME... You'll get it... You can't learn it over night..." More blah, blah, blah! I am sure it takes time, and I know eventually I will get some of it, but how about right now, that sounds good!! This is me hating on my camera, and Laurel loving on hers!


After we told more homeless people, we don't have any money, we went in a Shokolad, and binged on fancy, and I am sure overpriced chocolate. The owner was actually interested in hiring a food photographer! So, maybe just maybe, I got something? We sat, talked cameras, ate chocolate, of course took pictures. They advertise for my OB's office, and I was very excited!



MY ALL TIME FAVORITE... Chocolate, and SHOES! I will have a pair in size 6 please!



Then it got too dark, and I grew too annoyed! So we hit the drag, and headed home.... BUT, not before one of my FAVORITE THINGS... Why is it I love food so much? YIKES! Zingerman's it the ultimate "A" squared experience. We went pretty late, so they were very eager to give us all sorts of yummy samples of cheese, bread, and yummieness! As if we hadn't already eaten ourselves stupid, we took them up on their offers! The real photographers were in food photoing heaven! Me, I was just eating. I didn't even bring my bugger thing in!

5 comments:

Julie Barb said...

That was a great post Kirstynn...looks like you guys had so much fun..chocolate, Ann Arbor, food, and photography...what more could a girl ask for:)??!

Anonymous said...

LOVED it, LOVED it, LOVED IT! You're some fun girls to hang with. We'll get you loving your camera, and certainly making out with it, in no time...

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I know this may sound crazy but I think it was the most fun I've had since Chicago. You girls are so much fun to hang with. I feel bad that you're so frustrated. I promise to help you out and get you lovin' your camera! I know it seems impossible, because I remember when it was...but all of the sudden it will just click and it will finally feel like second nature. Just remember "Rome wasn't built in a day." You'll get it, even if I have to beat you senseless with your camera...you'll get it...I promise. Your camera is going to be your new best friend....wahhhhh (that's me crying in my whiniest voice.) I'm not sure I'm ready for you to give up me as your best for a camera...ugh. ;) Love you...when can the 3 of us do it again???? We can call our little group " The 3 C's...(the 3 crazy camera chicks.) I'm lovin it. Until our next outing...

Kevin said...

Zingerman's is amazing and Ann Arbor is one of my favorite places. The best dry capp in the world comes from Zingerman's CoffeeHouse.

Jean Smith said...

SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! you guys looked like you had a blast...bugger...i am missing out on all the fun...