IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Once again, Daring Bakers!

It is that time of the month again! Today, the August Daring Baker Challenge is due, (along with my August car payment!) I know this is only the 4th challenge I have done, but this one, by far, has been my favorite. The pictures aren't as beautiful as other DB's, but they tasted A-mazing. I actually made the recipe twice, because they were that yummy. I have already had my pics looked at by a professional, and had been given some photog advice. I am still learning, and love any feed back. Ex: These pics were taken in Straight Sunlight, and Open Shade is the best place to take pics. I did not know that, and next time, I will keep that in mind. So, lets get to the story, and the pictures. This is something that most anybody could try. It was not at all complicated like the last... 3 challenges. And, like I said, the taste alone was worth it.

The challenge was given by MeetaK at whatsforlunchhoney.blogspot. And the recipe was from her "sugar daddy" Pierre Hermé. (I am not sure if he is really her Sugar Daddy, or it was a figure of speech?) MeetaK was very generous, and let the DB's play around with the recipe. The recipe was for Chocolate filled eclairs. The first time I made them, I did use chocolate filling, and chocolate topping. Here are 2 shots, that are just "Keepin It Real!"

Take note, this is Nora, eating her breakfast, and I actually made the eclairs at night! Don't judge me! I was exhausted by the time I was done, I made an executive decision, and that was to leave the mess till the morning! Because the first time I made them, it was dark, and there was NO natural light, I decided to make them a second time, with vanilla filling. I am not sure why, but the topping did not set the second time. I tried it twice that day, and could not get it to stiffen. But by all means, they tasted as good as they did the first time.





I realize that I have been really lousy at blogging lately. I am really embarrassed to hear that there are a few people spreading rumors about my "Fabulous" blog, and honestly, I suck at it! If you are looking for a "FABULOUS" blog, go here. Last week, she gave away 3 KITCHEN AID MIXERS! She has great pictures, and great recipes.

We are leaving for Disney in SIX days!!! I have so much to blog about before I go, so later today, and this week, when I take a tutu break, stay tuned!!!

12 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

mmmmmm my mouth is watering from just looking at these yummy pictures. i wish i was domestic like you. joel is a lucky man.

Beth said...

didja save me any?

Sisters staying connected... said...

Man, I am bummed I missed those...I agree with Jennifer, makes me so hungry! PS: You have the best blog ever, it is so fun to read!...alie

Karen Baking Soda said...

Yay for the real life pics! Eclairs look great, nice and puffy, too bad about the glaze but it's the flavour that counts right?

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself - they look good. Mine really didn't turn out well at all, I could only salvage about 5 for my photos, the rest were just about unusable. Good job.

Shirley said...

No judgment--I often bake at night! I also work a night shift, but I find you have less interruptions at night and in the summer it's cooler to bake when the sun isn't out. Your eclairs look great!
http://whataboutsecondbreakfast.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

My glaze didn't set either until a lot more simmering and then chilling. But it was still good. Aren't they yummy? Enjoy the mouse.

Harmony said...

Beautiful eclairs. The powdered sugar looks pretty.

hexe said...

Thanks for the comment - we'll just have to keeep working on our photos. Although your eclairs look quite good! Enjoy your trip!

Vera said...

Kirstynn, your éclairs look lovely! And I'm sure they taste delicious!

Have a wonderful trip!

Helene said...

They look fantastic Kirstynn...can't get enough of that shiny glaze!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirstynn: Thank you for your comment re my chocolate glaze! How did you like the eclairs with the vanilla vs the chocolate filling? You're right, it wasn't complicated, fun to make and even more enjoyable to eat! :)