IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last week, when Joel had an evening home with Nora, I got to hear all about it the next day. I heard how they put a tent up in the back yard, and then they roasted marshmallows on the grill. Then, I hear about jumping on the air mattress. I didn't think it was a bad idea. The hardest part was knowing, that dad has WAY more fun with her then I do. I am so boring!!! The next night we jumped on the air mattress some more. It was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. Then I realized, I should record this, then I thought, this is how kids break their arms, and snap their necks. NO MORE! Leave it to the boring mom, to ruin all the fun. She could have done this ALL night long! I wonder why she was up all night crying, (major whip lash?).

5 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

She's way too cute. I have those same thoughts. I have the sitter come mon-thur afternoons while I work. Everyday sofia asks: "Is Tricia coming today?" If it happens to be Friday,Sat, or Sun and I'm actually home, she's bummed "aw man!". Yeah, yeah, mom does laundry, cleans, does dishes, catches up on paperwork, scrapbooking, e.mailing, and a thousand other things when I'm home. I guess that's not as much fun for her as making pipe cleaner projects with Tricia. hmmm... wonder why.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hehehe...good idea, or not, my own little 21 month old thought it was HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

How fun can it be? She'll have a blast at Disney World. She'll be hangin' from Dumbo's trunk!! Gotta love it.
xox Lulu

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

This cracks me up. She reminds me of a Mexican jumping bean or Popping popcorn..so funny...she make sme giggle. I want an air mattress so I can pop my kids like popcorn :)

Kevin said...

Good times - good times.