IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, April 21, 2008

Saturday is a SPECIAL DAY!

Saturday was a special day, it's the day we got ready for Sunday, and in this house, that meant preparing for Joels talk. This is the second talk he has been asked to give since becoming a member. He put so much of his heart into preparing it, and it was beautiful to see him present it. He is really great, and I am so blessed to be a part of him spiritually.




We were also preparing Nora for nursery take 2! Here she is looking as cute as ever. She was twirling around all morning in her dress, and I though for sure she would love to show her friends how to twirl in nursery. So, here's how it went. I take her to nursery. I leave. I hear her cry as I leave, but it wasn't bad, to the screaming of other kids. Then sitting in Sunday school, I don't hear anymore screaming, just crying, from my little baby!

Kirstynn: "Joel, will you go check and see if the nursery workers want us to come in, and if she is ok, come right back."

Joel: "OK"

Sunday school is over, and no Joel. I know that he has to be in priesthood, so I go release him. He is sitting at the tiny table, in the tiny chair with all the tiny children. As he is leaving, Nora begins to cry, then she sees me, and seems... "Well, I guess she'll do". I miss Relief Society completely. Needless to say, it wasn't as bad as last week, but it wasn't great either. Apparently, when Joel went to see how she was, she was laying on the floor, pouting, and stacking blocks. Every once in a while, she would look at the nursery workers at remind them, "I am not happy".

2 comments:

Clear the clutter said...

Okay, you might have to get a little tougher. Pouting and stacking blocks is much better than screaming and throwing up. She is making progress. Natasha ran in thrilled the first day and never looked back. It took Cassie a little longer to get into it. Hang in there, it will get better. It is MUCH harder on you and Joel than it is on her!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You and Joel are the sweetest couple ever. It's rare to have a love so real!!!