IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The mom will come through another day!

This is an entry about my day yesterday. Joel went to the Tigers game on Saturday, and on the way home, encountered some minor car trouble. He called the tow company to have the car towed to the shop, then he called his wife to have him towed home! Well most shops aren't open over the weekend, we had to wait till Monday to figure out what was wrong. On Monday we found out it was a simple fix, and settled to get the work done. The shop was about 30 minutes from our house, and while Joel has a very demanding work schedule during the day, it would have to be in the morning before work, or in the evening after work until we could pick up the car. Nora and I had a very busy week planned beginning on Tuesday. My mom so very generously offered to help in any way that she could. Since she was going to work with my dad on Tuesday, I could use her car. The day consisted of... visit teaching, post office to mail a package, bank to make deposits, lunch at Costco with Nora, jewelry store to have my ring cleaned, a few other things that weren't as important. We were so excited to go visiting teaching, we got dressed up fancy, cute hair, I even put on make up for the first time in... 3 days! Then we took a walk over to Lulu's (that is what we call my mom, and she only lives 400 feet away). I went to get the key that was hanging on the key rack, except it wasn't there. I called my mom to see if I was looking in the wrong place. She knew as soon as her phone rang what she had done! She had taken the key with her on accident. I could tell in her voice that she felt so bad. At the moment I was really disappointed, I was running through my head any other option... I had NOTHIN! Looking at it a day later, it was really not that big of a deal! Things happen, and life goes on! I made the call to my Visiting Teacher, and she had totally forgotten, so that was fine. The package can go out another day. So then I tried to figure out what to do with Nora all day (being stuck at home for four days in a row, is unheard of in our house. We are always on the go!!!) The weather wasn't great, and of course all she wanted to do was play in her sandbox! I said "Too cold", she clenched up her fists, and said, "Brrrr". We called our neighbors, and asked if they wanted to come and play. So they did, and we had fun.
Kendall is 4, and her sister Zoe is 20 months. Nora loves both of them, and had a special moment with Zoe. Nora is learning to share, and be nice. Zoe is so sweet to put up with Nora while she learns. Thanks for coming to play. I learned a valuable lesson yesterday... there are so many wonderful things my mom does for me. She is pretty close to perfect, but it is nice to know she does make a mistake every once in a while. And when she does, I just recieve an extra night of babysitting! =)

2 comments:

Jean Smith said...

i know it's torturous for you to be caged up...i'm so sorry! i'm even more sorry for being a forgethead about yesterday's visiting teaching! oh well, i guess if it couldn't come it doesn't really matter, but still...

Cristi said...

At least everything worked out okay! Way to see the silver lining, Kirst!