IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quick Update, and dealing with change!

I know it has been a while since my last post. We have beena little busy, and now my head is spinning. Sunday was Nora's first day in nursery. I thought she was fine at first, but half way through Sunday School, the primary worker came in with her saying she threw up! She got a little baby anxiety, and Jenni paid the price. Sorry Jenni about your sweater, I promise I'll make it up to you. Watch out for my weekly updates on nursery. Any advice on baby anxiety would be appreciated!

Other then that we have made a few changes in our household. It all started when Joels car was having problems. He got a promotion at work, and had to be more reliable, and the vehicle situation was holding him back. So I got a new car, and he got my car. My new car has a "way too technical" feature that I needed a new phone for. Then I didn't look right holding the new phone, so I had to get a new hair-cut/color. I don't think I can handle any more change for a while. Here are some pictures of the darling baby on her first day of nursery. And my new haircut/color. I wanted a before and after pic of my hair, but I forgot to bring my camera. Oh well! No pictures of the car, and phone, they really aren't that exciting. After the pictures, there is the email that I received from Joel about my haircut. I have to be the luckiest gal ever! He cracks me up everyday!!!!!






Subject: Loss

I woke last night in the quiet dark. I reached out with my mind then my
hand for my wife, my companion in the space between the days. I found
her easily, warm and softly breathing. Her firm arm, her smooth back,
the hollow of her neck. WAiT! Her neck!!! Where is her soft flowing hair,
auburn and scented of the one I love. Oh, its still there, just
rearranged higher around her gentle face. I breathed a sigh to dispel my
panic, snuggled my nose into her newly bared neck and floated back to sleep
full of love, peace and the beauty of my lover.



Thank you for waiting so long, i love it and you.

12 comments:

Amy said...

So, I'm just a random visitor that happened upon your blog by clicking on the "next blog" button. And there you were talking about nursery and primary. I think Latter-day Saints rule the blogging community. Hope your little girl makes it through nursery next week. :-)

AMy said...

Change is always good!

Anonymous said...

dang, totally cute hair...and i get to see it in person soon!

And, dang, Joel is a writer!

Carrie said...

Cute hair. Where did you get it done? Oh yeah, Nora's cute, too!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Your hair is adorable! I have an A line too and love it but mine is a little longer. I think you might have inspired me to go shorter! Nora is such a cuttie, poor girl with her anxiety! I'm sure next week will be better in nursery. Keagan went to nursery this week cause Jer and I both taught. I guess when other parents came Keagan jetted out the door. Luckily my friend foound him wondering the halls alone...scary huh! Independant little boy.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I had so much fun going to get our hair cut together. You are one sexy mama!!!! Thanks for being there for me during this crazy dramatic/drastic hair change in my life. Your the best! I love Joel! He's a great writer! He's a poet and I didn't know it. Wait did that just make me a poet??? LOL! :)

Roger That said...

Okay, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! I totally need to cute mine. You're one hot momma! So cute on you. Can't wait to see it in person.

About the little throw-up...it was my pleasure! I loved that Nora loved me so much. I felt like her favorite Aunt...oh wait I am. J/K

We will miss you guy. See ya in May:)

Anonymous said...

Nice Joel! That's my daughter you're talking about ya know.
Kirst can you please put the word out on your awesome blog to see if anyone knows someone who works at Microsoft, Apple, or Google.
My friends idea needs to get out!!
love u'all
DOD

Anonymous said...

wow, can your man say how it is!!!
Lulu

Smith Family said...

wow, you are quite the popular one! a brand new blog and you already have a million followers. doesn't surprise me!

anyway, i am DYING over your hair...you look so stinkin cute i could die. can't wait to see it in person!

ok, one more thing. i love joel. not like that, you silly, but for the amazing words that i didn't even know he was capable of! go give him a huge hug...NOW!

Cristi said...

Your hair is A-MAZING!