IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"The Best Bread on Earth"

Today we joined a twins club field trip. Not making any announcment, just filling in for a few absent twins. So we went to The Great Harvest Bread Company. The tour guide read a story to the kids, and taught them about seeds, and how to grow wheat, and how it turns to flour, and becomes bread. She gave the kids a tear of dough so they could knead it. Then she baked a cute Bunny Loaf. She gave all the kids their own seeds to grow, and bring in for a free cookie. How cool is that? I don't think Nora even knew what was going on, but I thought it was fun, and I loved the yummy samples, which is why we really went. :) Thanks to Julie for the invite. It was very fun.





3 comments:

Julie Barb said...

Glad you could come with us yesterday...and by the way...most of the playgroups and field trips I take my kids on are for ME too, not them:)...it's just a bonus that they have fun and learn while I get entertained and out of the house for a bit...hehe...so no biggie if Nora didn't completely understand:) I think she still had fun!

Brittany said...

cute pics! i love great harvest.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I love your blog! The polka dots are so cute! The picture of you and nora (2nd to last) is adorable. Yummm Great Harvest is making me hungry!