IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, April 25, 2008

I love you Allie (OWWWWW!!!!)

On Wednesday my sister-in-law came over for an innocent play date with the kids! She very casually mentioned that she was starting a "Beach Body Boot Camp" that evening. Later on she referenced "Boot Camp" with a "we". She meant we = me! I really thought she had fallen off her rocker! She is tough as nails, and thought, there is NO way I could keep up with her. Well, I got to thinking about it, and here are my thoughts. 1) I need to get in shape before we have another baby. 2) If I take the class, and honestly do the work, then either I will have a "Beach Body", or I can justify why I don't work out! When we showed up to the class, we had a teacher that had to be in her late 50's. And had a super HOT body! I first though... NOT FAIR, then I thought, maybe when I am in my 50's I will have more time to work out. She about killed us! It felt great to be in the gym again, and I am glad I signed up. It will be great bonding for Allie and I! Even though I curse her for my soreness! The next day, I ran 1/2 mile! What am I thinking? I am so sore today. I have to do story time at the library time, and I have a feeling "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" is going to be done sitting down. Sorry Nora you have a mommy that can't jump around like all the other mommies. Maybe in a few weeks! OWWW!

4 comments:

Cristi said...

Ha ha! Work it, girl!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Oh Kir I feel for you!! love the gym but when you first go your stiff. I hae been going since Keag was like 5 months. honestly I am the same weight:( and hate that but i feel healthy and strong and i feel more tones and not so jiggly:) happy working out!

BeevilleBooks said...

I enjoy your posts so much - I feel like I'm getting to know you so much better - and guess what? I still love you bunches! I love seeing how you and Joel take care of each other - it's one of life's greatest joys - loving another human being. Check my blog & you'll see why I may not see you until Mother's Day! Here or there - have we decided? All my love, Mom-in-Law aka Grandma.

Sisters staying connected... said...

You know you love the pain! But seriously, we are going to look so good this summer! Keep up the work & it will pay off! See you Wednesday night...front row this time :)