IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, April 7, 2008

Elder Ballard, Young Mothers



Elder Ballard gave a great talk on young mothers. I am sure that being a mother is the greatest blessing. It comes with daily challenges, and struggles, but as Elder Ballard said, "All are beloved of God, and He has a plan for his righteous daughters to receive the highest blessings of eternity." His words are so humbling, (if I knew how to put links on my blog, I would link to his talk, haven't figured that one out yet...Jenni???). Words of affirmation is my love language, and when I listen to our loving and caring apostles, it is enough to keep me motivated to live up to the calling. As my quiz shows, words are very important to me, whether they are coming from my loving husband, darling daughter, friends, family, or the church, they are meaningful.

Cristi, thank you for your love language post.

I feel loved when...

The Five Love Languages

My Primary Love Language is Words of Affirmation

My Detailed Results:
Words of Affirmation: 10
Acts of Service: 6
Quality Time: 6
Receiving Gifts: 5
Physical Touch: 3

About this quiz

Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.

Tag 3 people so they can find out what their love language is.

Take the Quiz!
Check out the Book

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Wow! We're exact opposite when it comes to physical touch. Isn't this so interesting?! I think Jeff's is almost identical to yours.

Love ya!

Julie Barb said...

My favorite talk was Ballards about young mothers too (for obvious reasons I guess:)

My love language was Quality Time and Words of Affirmation were tied with 9...service and gifts were both 6 and physical touch was 0. Don't get me wrong...I don't mind hugging, and being affectionate, just not the way I give and receive love I guess:)

Anonymous said...

The results of this quiz were no surprise to me. I have always known that my wife and I communicate in very different ways. At times this can present challenges in the course of everyday life but I strongly believe over all it is a strength. If showing our love for each other came easy I am certain it would mean less. When kirstynn takes a moment to physically connect with me or when I take a minute to post on our blog it expresses more than just love, it represents an effort to reach out and connect to each other. I am sure we both wish we had more time to communicate on our partners wavelength but what time we do spend shows thought, effort and love.

Joel