IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MK Today


Thursday was Magic Kingdom day. We went in the morning to check out the "Magic Hours". We still waited to get in, and it was still pretty busy when we got there, but it was nice to be able to accomplish a few things before the real crowds started coming. We met daisy right off the bat, which is great, because she doesn't make it out very often. She admired Nora's shoes, and made her do a few spins to show them off!
Later we met up with Lulu and Papa. If you can't tell, they are wrapped around her finger!
Then we met Rafiki and Timon. We were the last to see them, before they went to "snack on some bananas". I was really impressed with how well the characters convinced Nora to love them. It was something I worried about a little, but she clung right on to them.

During "Magic Hours" we rode the Dumbo, Tea Cups, and Winnie Pooh Adventure. Then the princesses and Mickey & Friends came out. That is when we started to wait in lines. YUCK! That evening we went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. A few of the friends joined us for a Hoe Down. Nora really wanted to dance with Minnie. Unfortunately, Minnie couldn't see her, because she was right on Minnie! She bumped her over, but that didn't deter her from wanting to dance with her. She just had to get her attention! This video explains is all. It was very crowded on the dance floor, and I got bumped around a little myself while I was recording, but keep your eyes on the shrimp!






Joel had to get the "cheesiest" shirt he could find. What a freak!

4 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I'm so happy that you documented this whole trip...I kind of feel like you packed me in your suitcase after all (minus the dripping sweat and frizzy hair) I'm in love with that video....I couldn't stop laughing. How cute was she to keep tugging at Minni's skirt only to get knocked over again and again. I love her!!! Oh yes and I must agree with you on Joel's shirt and what the shirt says....He's definitely the big cheese now! Does he have plans to wear that thing out in public in the state of Michigan?? ;)

Tearz said...

I am really enjoying reading the updates on the vacay and seeing the pics. Nora really is the cutest little sprite in the world and the pics are great. I feel a little bit of the magic that you experienced through reading and seeing. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Jealous of my ma-cheese-mo?

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

well.............no. :)