IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just Peachy!


Super LAME titles! What is wrong with me? Anyways, while my grandma was in town this weekend, we canned peaches! Well, they canned, and I took pictures. What else is new? I did help peel them, and I learned alot. My mom was teaching me all the different tools that you need, and the MANY different way you can preserve peaches. Jam, Jelly, Freezer Jam, Frozen peaches, canned peaches, spiced canned peaches, peach pie, peach cobbler, peaches 'n' cream, the possibilities are endless. And knowing how to can, is a great skill! My mom... she is pretty smart! And so is her mom! Learn to can peaches! You and your kids, won't be disappointed!
It is such a joy to have grandma around. (She makes me say things like, "What a joy it is to have her around"!) We love her, and pray for her daily. She is one amazing gal. She is having her hip surgery at the end of the month, and when she does, she will be running circles around us! Isn't she so cute!

When you are in my moms kitchen, you better be serious! She has the system down, and she made sure that EVERYONE knows it! This is her chart to show everyone helping what is going on!

These are some of the most beautiful peaches! They tasted pretty dang good too! Even ask Nora. She loved them! They were so big, she could barely hang on to it!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like too much fun for me. I do love peaches though, millions of peaches, peaches for me. Do you remember that band? That takes me all the way back to Jr. High.

Tearz said...

Oh yummy! You've got me in the mood for peaches now. Hopefully one of these days you can share some canned peaches. They look delicious!!!! (pics are fantastic too! Go Girl!)

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

The pie was to die for! Can't wait to try the peaches alone! You and your grandma look so much alike!

Shari said...

Wow, looks like you made a ton of canned peaches!! Looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I love that Nora is the fourth generation of women on both sides of your family. It is neat to see all of you sharing with each other. Your grandma is a Joy to have around!

loves