IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knock knock.... who's there? Fall... fall who?

Now that I have made you bored to tears with our Disney stories, lets get to the, real stuff! I have been overwhelmed with the responsibilities of having a toddler. There is so much that I need to be involved in teaching her, I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN! It seems like ever since I was pregnant, I have been worrying about my parenting. Thus far, it has not failed! *KNOCK ON WOOD!!!* She is really a happy kid, and with the occasional T/O there aren't any issues that I have. The biggest issue is, she is growing up! She is being influenced by people other then myself! And the other thing I am trying to figure out, if I am here to learn, do I learn by teaching? You may say, "well of course you learn by teaching.." But if I am teaching Nora to use the potty, how much am I really learning? I may learn a technique to teach her, but not more then that. So here I sit... for the first time in a long time, I really want to learn more about things... photography, cooking, sewing, etc. all things that I really can't take the time to learn, because I need to be the teacher of shapes, colors, ABC's, etc. I enjoy doing the fun mommy things with her. We have fun together. I see that I have the ability to shape her. She of course will be the woman she wants to be, but because of the environment that I create for her, she is limited to what I offer. Does this make any sense what-so-ever? I guess I could sit here all day, and worry about what I need to do, but what I really need to do is be pro-active. Take it one step at a time. It really is her fault! She is rushing me! Princess Belle took time to teach her that she was 2! She isn't even 2 for a few more weeks! But, if you ask her, how old are you, she says 2! Those dang princesses! Who the heck do they think they are?

Things are starting to get busier I guess. We start story time again this week. We have a weekly play group we go to. This week we went to the Apple Orchard! One of my favorite Michigan THINGS! Last year I was introduced to Honey Crisp Apples, and I have been in love with them ever since. They are alwys the most expensive ones in the store, so when we go to the orchard, and they are the same price as the Red Delicious, and Granny Smith, we stock up! This week the play group was small, three other moms, and 6 other kids. Nora and Mallory were the only girls. But it was super fun. Caleb has grown quite fond of Nora, and likes to be by her. He is pretty cute, and his mom is a doll, so I don't mind one bit! These are just a few picture that I thought were blog worthy!






I love Michigan in the fall. In my life I have lived in several different states, and BY FAR, Michigan is best in the fall, and Fall is BEST in Michigan. BRING IT ON FALL!

9 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Don't stress my dear! You're doing a great job and everything will fall into place. I totally hear you about wanting to do all the learning yourself. It's killing me because I want to be selfish....but unfortunately it's not the right time to do it. So I will sit here and wait for the time to come when I can spoil myself again. But until then just try to enjoy watching Nora learn...she's at such a great age. They pick up on things so quick...I really don't think it's going to be half the battle that you think it is. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the ride because it will be over before you know it. :)

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

By the way I love your pictures. The one of her sitting on the pumpking is my favorite. Oh yeah and who's the girl with the sassy new hair...I'm in love with it, but then again you already knew that :)

Kathy Twitchell said...

I LOVE Michigan in the Fall. I agree, best place to be in the fall....maybe even worth enduring the winter?....anyway i have not read your blog in ages. It was fun to read about your trip and see all the cute pictures. I also love that one of Nora on the pumpkin...frame it:) Hope you guys are doing great. Oh and PS I am feeling exactly like you. I have so many things I want to pursue and do but my family, school, calling and other things come first. At least I will be busy after my children leave:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful,

I think it is great that being a Mom is such an introspective experience for you. It seems like every time Nora discovers something new I discover it again too. Being a parent and teaching a child is a great way to learn your-self. I love that you have so many interests. I think the more you grow personally the more you will have to offer Nora and the bigger her world can be. ABC’s are grate and all but it is important you don’t go nuts in PBS kids land. I am even happier with Kirstynn the Mom than I am with Kirstynn the wife, and I thought it couldn’t get any better…Why Father decided to bless me with such luck in women I will never guess but you and Nora are perfect for me.

Loves

Laurel said...

SO DARLING! I LOVE the pics :)

The Prices said...

I wish I had some amazing words of wisdom to impart, but the truth is...I'm in the same boat, just with different ages and new challenges. I hear ya'! Nora can learn from your talents, too, so don't completely push those aside.

Glad you had such a great time at Disney!

I'm jealous that you get to experience Michigan fall. Idaho fall is lame!

Julie Barb said...

I love your pictures Kirstynn...the turned out great. It was fun to hang out at the orchard...I'm obsessed with fall and all the goes along with it too...I agree that Michigan has the best fall. You are a great mom Kirstynn, and are a great friend to many and have so many interests and hobbies, and are so fun to be around...I love Joel's comment...very sweet. Love ya!

Sisters staying connected... said...

Sure, leave it up to Joel to leave a fancy comment and make us all look stupid. Uggh. Can't he be less eliquent when he writes? I have been out of the blog world...but am back...I LOVE your pics. You are getting better & better! I am glad we got to share the Diseny experience together. I love you and appreciate how much you love my kids! Nora is so cute, don't let her grow too fast!

...alie

Jean Smith said...

yes, i agree...bring on the michigan fall! i have realized since moving here that most "michiganers" don't realize how amazingly beautiful it is and the falls here are like nothing i have ever seen!

by the way, thanks for the fun tonight...we love the evans's's's.

i finally got caught up on your disney posts and all of nora's tutu cuteness! wowzas..i really, really, want, need, must go there!!!