IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MGM... Hollywood... Same diff!

Our first day at Disney we spent in MGM Studios. Which is now called Hollywood Studios. So confusing. The tour guide book that I brought along was from last year, and there was nothing in there about Hollywood. So when I heard we were going to Hollywood, I looked in the book to read about it, and it was no where to be found! Oh well, we went anyway, and found lots of fun things to do. We went to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, saw The Little Mermaid show, met the Wizard Mickey, saw the muppets in 3D, saw the High School Musical, and saw a SMASHIN block party bash! here are the highlights:
Nora was so darling. Everytime she went to meet a character, she needed to have her book, and her pen ready! It only took a minute, but we had to teach her about taking turns, and that other kids want to see Mickey too. Nora suffers from "only child syndrome", and so this is something we always are talking about!
Once she hit the stroller, and we gave her the bink, she was out! The bink became my best friend, now time to re-condidtion life without the bink!
This place was so magical. We sat down, and petals started falling from the sky, and they were the exact same color as my dress. Isn't that something? I thought so!
Nora met Jojo the clown. Because the photographer (a.k.a. Joel) didn't know how to operate the camera, we asked if we could play with Jojo again, to get some better pictures. Because she is a red head, and super amazing, she agreed! Nora loved her nose, and Jojo loved Noras nose! Jojo is Fab!
During the Block Party Bash, I couldn't help but capture the preciousness of my family! Who would have even known Joel would agree to allowing nora to wear tutus in public? I love him!

We saw a Muppet Show, which was so fun. I miss the Muppets. Nora loved the glasses, but didn't really care about the show. Later that night, we ditched the kid, and went back for "Magic Hours". We went on the "Tower of Terror". I thought that because I saw small kids getting in line, that meant it was not scary! WRONG, we were terrified... both of us! But is was fun, and we were glad to be together.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Loving the pics... especially the flower petals and beautiful Nora. Did she get so much attention for the cute tutus? Glad you guys are back!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I'm in love with the pic of Nora on Joel's shoulders!!!!
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N!!!!!! Isn't the tower of terror awesome??? Did you get a chance to do the rockin roller coaster?

Anonymous said...

Tutu’s rock! It was the squeaky shoes who’s charm was wearing thin by the end of the trip. I don’t think you stressed terrified enough. What I thought was a leisurely ride through a haunted hotel was actually a 13 story plunge through pitch darkness followed by being launched back up then fired back down 13 stories through the pitch dark until I cried I screamed so hard. I enjoyed that night with you.

loves