IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lots on my mind... Hang in there

There are so many things I feel like I want to say today. I am taking this very rare quiet moment, thanks to Lulu, to put some random things down.

American Idol:
I guess I was more surprised then anyone that Brooke went home last night. I knew it would happen eventually, but of all 5 contestants, Syeisha is my least fav. hear me out, before you "BOO" me. Here is what I look at in the contestants. 1) Their vocal ability, yes, Syeisha can sing. 2) Their other musical talents, she has NONE! If she does, she hasn't used them on the show yet. 3) Their personality... does one exist with her? Haven't seen it. 4) The look. She does have the look. Now compared to Brooke, Davids, and Jason.... she should have gone home last night. I have seen a fun little personality in all of the other contestants. All the other contestants play an instrument. It shows their musical range! Thats it!

Photographers:
If you haven't noticed, I have several photographers on my blog. It is the art that I appreciate the most. One of my very best friends since High School is a photographer. One of my very best friends at church is a photographer. My first roommate in college... you guessed it... and there are several others. In my life, I am filled with extremely talented, creative, and artistic people. When we get together, I get lost in the conversations of, "Hot spots, noise ninja, saturation, photo shop, white noise, blah, blah, blah." I am total stalkers of photographers blogs. I love the work that goes into it. One day my friend said, "Why aren't you a photographer?" Joel often asks me that as well. I am surrounded by so many talented photographers, I could never come close, nor would I want to, to their extreme passion! It is fun too, because Nora is often asked to be tested out on. Apparently, if you are a photographer with children, they run the second the camera comes out. Nora used to be quite the model, however as of recently, she has also been running form the camera. It better be a stage, and she better grow out of it! To my photographer friends, I love you all! Your talent, and creativity has brought so much fun to my life! I am in love with each of your work individually, and am so appreciative of you!

Bootcamp:
Well, last night was week 2! It wasn't as bad as week 1, but it was still pretty painful! After the 30 minutes I started praying for "cool down". The Lord knew I wasn't ready for "cool down",and continued to push me. 35 minutes later, I GOT MY "COOL DOWN"!!!! I will post pictures in 6 weeks. Stay tuned!

Disney:
The countdown has begun. It is 130 days until we board for our Disney trip. Maybe you're thinking, yeah... and a little early to be planning... if you are thinking that, you must not have ever had to plan a trip with kids to Disney. There is a whole world of crazy Disney people. We want to make sure we plan everything perfect! While we are there, we are going to a "Not Spooky Halloween Party". Nora absolutely LOVES Halloween, and so we are in search of the PERFECT Halloween Costume. Please submit any suggestions!

Garage Sales:
The season has approached! I love garage sales! Last year I had a weekly mailer go out on all the hotspots in the area. I haven't gotten quite into it yet. I stopped by one today, and was not that excited. All the change we save through the winter months, goes to the "Garage Sale Fund". I will be stalking the subdivisions, and classifieds, and post the most important ones! If anyone is on the lookout for anything specific, let me know, and I will also be on the look out for you!

THE END:
Joel is home from work. Nora is done playing with Lulu, and dinner is needing to be prepared. This was so theriputical for me! I don't even feel guilty! The house is clean, laundry is done. If tonight weren't such a good TV night, I would be blogging again tonight! Maybe next week!

3 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

I think you may be a blog-aholic? I am not gona lie, I love it...and I love stalking your blog cause you are so religious about it! Love you girl!

Cristi said...

Aw, you're so cute! I noticed you took my photograhpy site link off of your "favorite websites" list. :( I'm feeling very dejected!! :(

:)

Love you!

Jean Smith said...

seriously...i LOVE reading kirstynn's random thoughts! hmmm...and i especially loved the thoughts about all of your photographer friends! we all tell you that you should just join us, but then again, it's more fun to just reap the benefits!!!