IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

From tractors to tutus!!!!

Joel and I are so lucky. Last night we were talking about how Nora loves to play with her dollies, loves to get into mommies make-up, loves all the girly things. She also loves to play in the dirt, run around with the boys, and get scratched up too! We are so curious as to what sort of person she will be.

Ryan is staying with us for a few days, and he LOVES Joel. It is really cute to see Joel play with him. Joel let Ryan drive the lawn-mower. He let Nora drive too, and she thought she was on her way to Mars.

I finished the Tutu this morning. I have a confession. It turned out pretty good, but... I was too impatient to wait for her to wake up, to size her in order to finish it. I knew if I waited, then I would size her, then I would have to wait till she went back to bed to finish it. So I guessed... oops! The good news is it will fit her some day! It was a little big. And the other bad news... she is afraid of it! I think because I was teaching her that when there are pins in it, it could hurt her. So she is going to have to warm up to it, but here are a few pics anyways!





Oops... too big!

4 comments:

Cristi said...

So cute!

Tearz said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Too cute! I love it! Great job Kirstynn!

Jean Smith said...

kirstynn...the tutu is SOOOO cute! you did such a good job and the color is fabulous! by the way, it's good that nora can be a girly girl but play in the dirt at the same time. who wants to date a wussy girl who can't get her hands diry??? i know that's a few years down the road, but still...

Clear the clutter said...

It looks like it could be a Tinkerbell skirt! How cute. Good job, I would have a hard time waiting to do the measurements too.