IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Best Strawberries... and nursery craft!

When I was a nanny, it seemed like every day the kids were making me a picture, or a craft project, and they were always so proud to bring it home and give it to me. As sweet, and thoughtful as this simple gesture was, it never really made me as excited as it made them. My walls became cluttered with huge pieces of paper, with a few scribbles over them. When I had to throw them away, I was torn... it wasn't as easy as I thought it would have been. I often see the same problem at friends houses. I have seen very great pictures get great frames, and make it on the living room wall, and then there are some that make it in a Tupperware storage container with all the other semi-important ones. So when Nora came home from nursery last week with her first thing she ever made for mommy, I found myself, once again, torn. Keep it, or toss it? OR BLOG IT!!!!!!! I took pictures of it, so I can throw it away now, but I want to remember the sweet gestures. So I am going to teach Nora that I love her home made projects sooooo much that I want to share them with everyone! Really, I just want to put them on my blog, so they don't get lost or ruined any other way!


By the way.... COSTCO has THE BEST strawberries! We bought 4lbs yesterday, thinking we would come home, and do something fun with them... but 3lbs were gone that afternoon! They are so delicious, and yummy, we eat them raw! Nora calls them "Nona's bibis". (Nora's strawberries!) They are also delicious on Kirkland vanilla ice cream! Here is a picture of "Nona" and her "bibis".

3 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You are such a good writer...I've been meaning to tell you that for quite sometime now. You should write a book...seriously. Love Nora's first project...so cute. Great idea to take pictures of her projects. Oh yeah and Costco strawberries are beyond delicious!!!! We love them too. As a matter of fact...I think I'll run over there this week and pick up some.

Clear the clutter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clear the clutter said...

Great idea! I just cleaned out a cabinet and went through all of Natasha's pre-school and Kindergarten pictures, I could use a vault if I kept all of them!

We are looking forward to Grandma's visit next week. I will take lots of pictures and post them as soon as I can. I can't believe Jordan is graduating!