IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, May 2, 2008

My lifesaver!

This has to be the funniest picture taken in the entire life of my daughter! My mom has a picture of my brother in a similar position. If I could get my hands on that, I will post it too. So here is the deal, Nora is still on two naps, and I am trying to get her only on one. So I kept her up all morning. We went to story time, went to lunch with Ky, Marley, Alie, and Lulu. Then we went to Target with Alie, Marley, and Ky. I didn't think she was getting tired at all, because when you are around Ky, it's always a party! I decided to get her a treat for the ride home, so she would be distracted from being tired. We made it half way home, and sure enough, she started to doze off. It was raining, so I put the windows down, turned up "Buzz, Buzz, Buzz", was clapping, yelling, and doing everything I could think of to keep her awake. At the red light, I shook the umbrella on her to get her a little damp... she was OUT! As soon as I got home, I rushed inside to get my camera, because I knew, this is BLOG moment, and I have to capture it. Of course as soon as I took her out of the car, she woke up, and she is now in her bed trying to get back to sleep. Life can be soooooo hard for an 18 month old!

5 comments:

Cristi said...

Oh my GOSH!! That is the FUNNIEST picture EVER!!! SOOOO cute!!

Carrie said...

Very cute picture. Gotta love sticky stuff in the carseat!

Julie Barb said...

That is classic...you'll have to save that one:) too funny!

Jean Smith said...

that is truly HILARIOUS...i love it! by the way...what are you doing trying to get rid of a nap...i thought we liked it when our kids slept...

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

hahahahahahahahaha...