IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, May 5, 2008

Just a NICE weekend!


This weekend was the Ann Arbor Stake Annual Relief Society Conference. It was a really nice conference. The theme was on different women in the scriptures. I went to a class on Hannah, who was faced with infertility, among other challenges. I couldn't help but be moved, and touched by the spirit. It is no secret that when we were trying to get pregnant with Nora it was stressful. I know so many people that also have struggled, and continue to struggle with infertility. Every month was another disappointment, when it didn't happen. I remember thinking, "Why is this happening to me? What changes do I need to make in my life, so that we are prepared to have a baby? Why is everyone around me getting pregnant?" It was only 11 months that we were trying, and I can't even imagine what others feel, and what Hannah felt as they try to do the right thing. Then when that blessed package comes into the world, everything stops. Everything changes, and the time spent without children seems but a blur. Hannah is a true example of faith and patience.

All together the conference was great. There was a performance done on the 10 virgins, and I am sure it was wonderful, but I didn't stay for the whole thing.

Onto other exciting life going ons...

This week in church Nora made it all the way through sacrament, without having to leave. (2nd week in a row) Then she went to nursery! All alone, the WHOLE TIME!!! So for journaling purposes... at 18 and a half months Nora is officially a nursery goer! You are so great little moo!!

I am also working on a fun project. I am sewing a tutu! Now, some of you may say... whatever, I can do that in my sleep! Well, I don't really sew. I have sewed a quilt that took 8 years, start to finish, if you call it finished. I sewed a few pillow covers, and that is about it! So this is pretty big for me. They are so expensive to buy in the store, and they are girly pink, or purple. Not this one! This is one of a kind. It is going to be so fun, and Little Moo is going to love it! She already wants to play with it, but I have made it very clear, that not until I get some great pictures of it, and I feel that it is worthy of being played with will she get it. Stay tuned for some cute pics!

I am in the market for a camera. Not a "point and shoot" one. A real camera! I have a new hobby! I am hesitant to share my new hobby. I shared it with Joel, and he is still making fun of it, and joking about it. My parents have pretty much joined his side too. So at this point in my blogging life, I will keep it on the DL until I have really got my feet wet. But for my photographer friends, I am curious to hear what your starter cameras were? My new hobby has to do with a camera, but don't worry Jean and Jennifer, I am staying away from anything mobile... hopefully!

4 comments:

Cristi said...

Hey Kirstynn! Thanks for your nice thoughts! I also love the story of Hannah. Especially since we've been trying for four years. That story always touches me.

I started out with a Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's a great little camera and is pretty resonably priced. I know your other friends shoot with a Nikon, but I prefer the Canon brand. I guess it's all just personal preference! :)

Love ya!

Tearz said...

I can not wait to have a baby girl and have you share your tutu pattern with me. You are so lucky to have a little girl to put all sorts of little girly stuff on. My boys are too into dirt and worms. Gender thing I guess. Can't wait for the pics! Happy Sewing~

Kathy Twitchell said...

Kirstynn just cause you have friends who are photographers doesn't mean you can be one, you would be awesome. They could probably teach you lots. Your so creative, i bet you would do great! Waiting to get prego is so hard, the eternal veiw would be nice but thats where our faith comes in huh.

BexxT said...

Hi Kirstynn- I have to second the Rebel recommendation. I work in the photography industry- done the trade show circuit, talk to photographers (all kinds everyday)...

anyways- the best little inexpensive- get your bang for your buck camera is the Rebel (which you can also find on ebay/craigslist when people upgrade to a more powerful machine).

Another option is the Nikon D Series. I have a coworker who had a D40 and he really likes it- generally you should go with Nikon or Canon- they pretty much rule the roost :)

I found your blog through Kathy's who I found through Whitneys (I think) You daughter is adorable :)

-Bekah Thompson