IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, May 22, 2008

WAAAAY behind!

This week has been MAD! Ever since I started this potty chair thing, everything else has gone to the wayside. And I have totally been defeated (this week anyways!). There have been some fun events this week, so let's recap....

P is for... POTTY and PEE PEE
I sure hope I don't get slapped with "Exposure of children" charges or anything, but these were too cute not to post. This was our WHOLE day on Saturday!




Of course I have to try everything, so we tried a little bit of both potties. It was not easy, and has gotten harder since. These two pictures went on for about 2 hours!

Then the chair started to sing... I thought, it must be defective, because there is no way... and what do you know... there was PEE Pee in the POTTY! WOO HOO!

So of course she had to be rewarded! Notice her bib? She is so smart! Although, I think a smart child would know why she was being rewarded, and she was oblivious!



A smart child would also never let her picture be taken with hair like that! But I love her to pieces, and she makes every day happy!!!

F is for FOOOOOOOOD!!!!
I have been trying to make super yummy meals for the hard worker in the family. He has really been under the gun at work, and has been really deserving of a good meal. I have also been pursuing a new hobby, and even though I haven't bit the bullet yet... I am playing around. I love food, and I love photography. I have been playing around with my settings on my "point and shoot" camera. Some day when I am ready to commit, I will take it to the next level, whatever that is? So here are two of my first pieces of what I call, ART.


Chicken, Asparagus Alfredo

Chicken Bruschetta


M is for MOM!!!

My mom is an outstanding chef. She does catering for fun! So we love going over for lunch, breakfast, dinner, midnight snack... anything! She likes to try fun things too. This was a fun thing she tried, and I thought it was cute, and creative. Any guesses as to what we were eating?


C is for COOKIE!!!
Anyone who has kids, or loves Sesame Street knows the song by Cookie Monster, "C is for cookies, that's good enough for me, OH cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C". This week we made some classic chocolate chip cookies. I am including the recipe, because people... this is really the BEST chocolate chip recipe EVER! The cookies I am sure are great, but we never get that far! The dough is always the part we eat. WE love it on Ice Cream, or just out of the bowl. I usually half this recipe, because well, the whole thing would not be good! Very bad!

Killer Cookies
2 c white sugar

2 c light brown sugar

1 pound (that’s right…four sticks) butter – room temp

3 eggs

2 T vanilla (yes, tablespoons)

6 c flour

1 ½ tsp salt

1 ½ tsp baking soda

4 c choc chips (I love Ghirardelli milk chocolate the best)

Mix sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat exactly four minutes. Mix flour, salt and soda and add to mixture. Add chocolate chips.

Cover with damp cloth and chill 1 hour or more. Eat a lot of the dough because it’s SO good. Bake for 18 minutes on plain white paper (you could probably use parchment, but baking on paper is kind of fun).

A note: the key to these is to not overcook. They should almost look raw – just barely browned

And here is my Cookie Batter Monster




J is for Just one more!
It is a good thing that I didn't do this all separate. I would hate to clog up your Google readers with my umpteen million posts in one day! My friend, knows I love to bake, and cook, and called me for an idea she needed, and I was, A) so honored that she would call me, and B) so excited to help. I can't give anything away, so I will leave you with the picture, and hope it doesn't hurt her strategy. I can't wait to make more.

3 comments:

Tearz said...

I have been searching for a good chocolate chip cookie. Can't wait to try it out. By the way...that brushetta chicken is soo yummy. How did you like it? Love the pics of Nora. Soo adorable.

Jean Smith said...

wowzas...you have been busy girl! i can't BELIEVE nora is already potty training...how AWESOME is that?!?!?

your food looks simply divine...i am so proud of you...RUN with the food and photography thing...you're awesome!

and wow...those chocolate marshmallows are soooooo cute...do tell what your friend is doing with the secret marshmallows...heehee!

Clear the clutter said...

I was wondering where you were, but now that I hear potty training, it all makes sense. Don't stress out, it will happen, she is a smart kid and will pick it up quickly.

Good for you for trying to support Joel that way - I need to be better about that.

I will have to try the cookies, but you are right, I will have to half it - that sounds like a LOT of dough.