IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, April 3, 2009

Coming to you from VIRGINIA BEACH!!!!

Is anyone out there? I know it has been a while, but we had some computer issues during the move, and a few pieces of the computer didn't make it. I was able to use the laptop when Joel was home in the evening, but most of the time I was so stinkin EXHAUSTED, that did what I needed to get done, then passed out. I must say, that when moving to a new city, the internet is a must! Come to find out we were driving 30 minutes to get to a Lowe's, when there was a Home Depot right around the corner. Ugh! But, all is well now. Even if there are still packed boxes everywhere, and I haven't done any laundry in over 1 week, things are great here! We love it! The weather has been a little overcast, but still nice. We have some great people that live in the neighborhood, and some people from the ward have stopped by, and called to say hello! We are sooo excited for all the fun things to come.

Nora took a few days to get adjusted. When we unloaded the doll house, she was like a kid on Christmas morning. Then after a few days, she grew bored of that, and so we unpacked the princess dresses, now, we have a few days of her being happy again! Every day she asks, "I wanna go to Ky's house." I tell her, "We will go to Kys house, but he lives far away now, so it is going to be a while." Nora says, "Why?" I say, "Well, because we moved to Virginia, and now we don't live close to our family anymore." She says, "Why?" I say, "Remember when we used to say our prayers, and we would ask Heavenly Father, if we should move to Virginia, well, he answered our prayer, and said, Yes, we should move. So, here we are... in Virginia!" She says, "I wanna go to a different A-ginia." I really don't know what she is thinking, all I can rely on is the spirit to comfort her, and bring peace to her mind. She asks me "WHY" about two and a half million times a day, so, we have lots of learning opportunities.

Other then that, I have pictures that I will post later today. I just wanted to put up a post hoping there are still some readers out there. I am back, and over the next month, it may be slow blogging, but I PROMISE.... there are lots and lots of fun things to do here, so I will have lots to blog about. We live right between two GREAT beaches! Near Busch Gardens, an amazing aquarium, great water parks all over, lots of parks. Lots more, so the blog will be filled soon with all these fun things. We would love to have visitors too. Everyone is welcome! I don't know how you can't not love it here! Just let us know when you are coming!

3 comments:

snowbirds 2010 said...

Glad you made it Ok, we miss you! Just work steady, not fast & it will all get done. You are lucky to be in warm weather, it's windy, raining and about 45* here! Take care!! Love Chet

Jean Smith said...

funny...i didn't think you were going to have the internet for a while, so i was getting on my email to send you a welcome to virginia email, but it looks like you are already blogging again!

it's hard trying to explain a move to a two year old. i'm sure you will get a lot of questions and a lot of "whys" but you are a supermom and can handle it all.

i'm glad you guys are settling in ok and bring on the pictures!!!

liso. said...

hmmm, don't tempt me... we've been dreaming of a SE beach vacay. well, i have been. i'm just saying.

*glad the move went well and there were no major majors. i'm so excited for your new adventures!