IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, March 23, 2009

AHHHH... STOP THE MADDNESS!!!

Last weekend was such a whirl wind! Things have started getting so busy. I am ready to just be done. This week we are going to be home all day, JUST packing! I have some of the greatest friends ever, that are coming to help, take Nora for the day, bring dinner! From the bottom of my blog, thank you guys so much!

I have been documenting our lives this last week we are here. I have to blog about it now, because this may be my last blog post in Michigan. I don't know when we are cutting the Internet, and packing up the computer, but I do know it will be the last box on the truck, because I need it to be the first box off the truck!

Wednesday was the last Activity Days activity. I loved being in this calling so much. (In church, I was the leader of the girls from 8-11) They are such darling girls, who love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and who desire to feel the love of our Savior. I learned from them, that happiness is given to us, by living and loving the teachings of our church. These girls exude happiness, and I will miss the special spirit I feel when I am around them.




Friday we had a "Good bye party". It was given by two girls who I love sooo much. My better than life sister-in-law Alie, and the happiest girl I have ever met, Jenni! It was so amazing to see all the people who love us come out to say goodbye. We are so loved, and there is nothing that feels better then to be loved! We are going to miss these people so much. But we are so blessed to have known so many wonderful saints while we were here. May we never forget Jean and Travis:



Who could ever forget those crack ups?!!?

Whats a party at the Jacksons without ROCK BAND!



Joel is easily embarrassed, and this is one of those moments, that we couldn't resist



Jenni and I: she is contagiously happy!
Lanae, and I sportin our new hair!
The amazing, talented hair stylist! And my very best friend, Katie!!!

My super sister-in-law, we chose a black and white polka dots as the theme!
It was such a fun night. And we are so blessed for all those that came out! Thank you so much. I will look at these pictures often, and realize how wonderful everyone is! (Julie Barb, I don't know why, but I don't have one single picture of you and I! I know I took a million, but where the heck are they? Can you send me some?)


Saturday we had to get ready for an open house that the realtor held at our house. We have lived in this house for almost 2 years, and had to finish a few things before we moved! Joel and Nora worked together putting up the trim. I think Cinderella helped a lot too. She is however the one that does all the chores at her house!

Then we went to Dundee, Mich. to play with our cousins, and Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy at the indoor water park! What a blast! We got to say goodbye, AND play! Phew... what an exhausting day! But soooo fun!

SUNDAY was the last day of teaching my Sunday class. They are delightful kids, and I wanted them to know how much I love them, but even more how prayer is always necessary, so I told them the story of "US" (Joel and I). I made them a special treat, that was adorable, and yummy! (so, maybe I didn't really have time for this in my life right now, but they earned it!) Aren't these lil cakes cute?



That evening, the two bachelors in our life came to say goodbye. We had a yummo lasagna dinner. The last time I would cook in my kitchen... had to document that of course! I will for sure be missing this kitchen! Joel was my paparazzi in the kitchen! I love garlic, parsley, and EVOO! It is rather magnificent! Just look at the sags in my eyes! It has been a while since we had such little sleep!!!

Uncle Dan always knows how to win over his niece! She loves him!!!! And she is going to miss both her Uncle Dan, and Grumpa Evans!

4 comments:

Tearz said...

Oh honey- so sad that I missed your awesome party! Know that you hold a special place in my heart and will miss ya, even if we hardly saw each other. U are such an inspiration not only in the gospel but in your outlook on life. Love ya and good luck in this new chapter! (ps. your hair looks fantastic!!!! what is Katies number?? hahaha)

Jean Smith said...

ummmm...could i BE any more ugly in those pics???? haha!!! oh well, i guess it is us completely...complete geeks, right?

can i still be in denial that you are leaving until the last goodbye? ok, thanks.

Julie Barb said...

Oh my gosh Kirstynn! I am so tired reading your blog...what an exhausting and I'm sure emotional week! I am crying!...I will miss you so much...you have always been an example to me of a wonderful, caring, and dedicated friend to all your friends...you make each of your friends feel like they are your best friend:) You are an example to me in so many ways. It won't be the same without you and I mean that for real. I love you my friend!!! Good luck in your new and upcoming adventures!

Angie Cheney said...

Kirstynn, I am thinking of you on the road right now. I hope the trip goes well! When you get a second, like in April, would you send me the pictures you have with India in them? I tried to steal them, but your permissions won't let me. Thanks! NO RUSH at all.