IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DISNEY on ICE!



My parents took their grandchildren to see the Magic on Ice! Nora was sooo excited all week. She told everyone she was going to Disney World. I don't think she knew any different, except she really wanted to see the castle. I didn't go, so of course I don't have my pictures, but while we were waiting for the magic carpet to come pick her up, I took some pictures. Looking at these pics, she looks sooo grown up. It is a little sad. Her and I have actual conversations these days. She remembers things that happened a week ago. She understands her emotions. It is all very weird. While we were sitting on the potty the other day, and I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting for something to happen, she could tell I was frustrated. She said, "Mommy, are you sad?" I told her, that we had to leave, and she needed to either "poop or get off the pot, literally." She said, "Will that make you happy mommy?" How do I stay sad, after the sweetest little voice says something like that. The only way I can describe it, is the more stressful and frustrating being a parent is, the more rewarding, and gratifying it is.

3 comments:

The Prices said...

She really does look like a big girl...it's a little sad, but in other ways really fun and exciting.

Anonymous said...

Nora is so lucky to have you as her mom.You are a great mom and friend.
Ps she looks soo cute in those pics.

Q'Ville said...

It was a fun night, and hearing her screech "Snow White coming?" was so darling... she never came.