IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Sunday

What a great weekend! General Conference (semi-annual opportunity to hear of the leaders of our church), was very powerful. It is always so motivating, and gives me the extra boost to be a better mother, and daughter, and wife. I am so grateful for the opportunity to document my thoughts and feelings, it is something that I keep very close to my heart, and therefore, are very personal.

The closing hymn, which is always the same, "God Be With You Till We Meet Again", was especially touching for us when we are transitioning into this new life here in Virginia. We dearly miss our family, and friends in Michigan, but, we are watched all watched over, and we will be together again one day! It is hard to believe we have only been here for a week. It feels like so much longer. We are pretty much unpacked... with a box or two per room to go. I know how to get to Target, and the beach... what else do I need?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conference is a great reminder to me of how simple Heavenly Fathers plan is for us. It seem like no matter how many times I hear a talk on a subject it is always for the first time and yet the instruction has not changed from day one of the creation. I am grateful for a God who loves me a wife who understands me and a Savior who forgives me.

MP

Q'Ville said...

I love you Joel. You touch my soul.