IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, April 6, 2009

Love Dare


I don't generally recommend books. Mainly because I am not an avid reader, and don't have a genera that I appreciate more then another. Joel and I have been reading "Love Dare". It is a self help book for anyone in a marriage. It is recommended to those that are happy in love, mediocre in love, and falling out of love. We started it about three days ago, and where most of the details are very personal, I have been very happy with the results thus far. Joel has been labeled "CP" on my blog, (Crabby Pants), but with his new job, and all the great things that he has to be thankful for, he has changed his name/alias to "MP", or "Mr. Positive". I think it is so important in a marriage to take the time to focus on your spouse. There are so many things in day to day life that make it hard to understand your spouse. This book is really helping both of us to focus less on, work, cleaning, cooking, and more on our love for one another. Then in the end, it makes it easier to focus on the other things. So, I dare anyone reading this, who is married, to take the "Love Dare". I also have to thank Alie, and Julie for recommending it. Thank you sooooo much! Our family is based on the foundation of Christ. This book just helps us to be specifically involved in each other.

4 comments:

Q'Ville said...

I will take the Love Dare. I'll hope Dad will too.

Anonymous said...

This book is not all peaches and cream. It really forces you to take a hard look at how you behave and modify it. I am not sure yet that it helps address the root of poor behavior in a relationship or just to edit it some but I know I for one could be less CP and more MP so what the heck, I double dare ya.

Mr. Positive!

Julie Barb said...

Glad you like it so far Kirstynn. We are almost done with it and really have enjoyed it. I have loved our few minutes at the end of each night where we read it together...just kind of reconnects us each day, reminds us of how we should be treating each other, and opens up points for discussion that we might normally not discuss. Good luck with the Love Dare...:)

NatalieHemingway said...

A friend of mine is doing it with her hubby too. Some things ARE really hard. She said it was the focus of some christian movie that was out a few months back that starred Kirk Cameron. Don't remember the name... somthing about lightning? Anyway, good luck!