IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Red Wing Park!

WE live in the subdivision called "REDWING" and all the streets are bird names. I didn't even put two and two together till just now.... We are from Detriot, and live in REDWING Park! Wow! Maybe if I were into the Wings like I used to be, I would have noticed that sooner. I blame my Joel for that. Anyway, today, the family took a walk to the park that is about 1/2 mile from our house. It was a GLORIOUS day! The sun is shining! The birds are chirping! The Navy men are out with their families, (I guess is a regular thing here, I was taken aback the first time I saw a group of men in uniform, felt like I should salute them, and pay special tribute to them in some way, but no, that is an everyday occurence in this area. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, just like I will get used to the jets flying over head all day and night!) Anyways, just wanted to post a few pictures of the beautiful park that we are so lucky to be able to enjoy all the time! Theses are just a few of the pictures. There are actually beautiful gardens, plants, and trees, that I didn't even document this time.



Fun is over... back to unloading boxes, and listening to conference!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update. I would so love to come visit. Maybe when things settle down after the baby!

Roger That said...

You crack me up! I can totally see you mentally holding your arm down from a full on salute!

It looks beautiful!

Q'Ville said...

Beautiful sunny days,,,, ah to be in the south. The planes fly at NIGHT?