IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amy Sandoval Photography



Being the crazy, and annoying "networker" that I am, I decided to look up a few of the local photographers. 1) I have not met a photographer that I didn't like, and 2) I am really impatient at learning the biz of photography, (I know as a photographer, the are endless hours upon hours reading, learning, networking, practicing, shooting, processing, all things that I don't have patience for.) So, I emailed Amy, and told her that I thought her work was beautiful, and that I would love to meet up with her, and get her scoop, and "talk photography". This is pretty bold of me, considering that I have always been friends with photographers, so I automatically had something to talk about, even though the photog talk every once in a while would bore me to tears! This was more of a, "I Love it so much, lets start doing it!" I don't plan to ever be a professional photographer. If it happens great, but right now, I am still in love with the art of it all. I don't ever want that to go away. So... I emailed Amy... and she responded with a "LETS GET TOGETHER! I need an assistant!!! I'd love to meet you... " (Basically). I had no idea that she was looking for someone, and all the sudden I started to get nervous. "What if she doesn't like me? What if I don't know enough? What if I am too slow? Am I ready for the rejection?" When I met her, I was instantly at ease. She talked about her start in the business, some of her techniques, her many many many MANY lenses she shoots with... by this time I was drooling over her, and REALLY wanted to work for her. She let me know that there were a few other people she was talking to, and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. Our connection was great, and our styles are similar, so she assured me that either way, she would love for me to come along on shoots with her, and anything else that I might want to do. The next day, the email came.... it opened, and was so nice, and warming, and felt so good. She did chose me to come work with her. I feel so privileged that she wants me. She put a SUPER flattering, and nice post on her blog about her new assistant. I hope that I can live up to all the wonderful things she has said, but most of all, I am anxious to be in the shadow of a real life professional again. I will be doing blog appearances on her blog from time to time, so look for me! Again, Amy is so talented, and I feel very privileged to spend time with her. It will be a great opportunity for me, and I couldn't ask for a better boss!!!

There are two other great photographers that I have to blog about, while I am on the subject of photography. Jean Smith, she is the first natural light photographer that I met. She is an amazing artist, and I fell in love with the art through her work! She is A-mazing! Also, Meegan Littlefield! Meegan will go down in HISTORY for being the craziest, make me laugh till I cry, spunky, funky, snappy, HILARIOUSEST (yes, it is a word, OK?) roommate ever!!! It wasn't until about two months ago, that Meegs and I were REUNITED on good ole, FB! that I found out she was a photographer. It really is no surprise, because, like I said, I haven't met a photographer that I DON'T LOVE! But, she is so super ubber supportive, and so helpful. She has "taken me under her wing" and hooked me up UMPTEEN million times over! I will always be your guys biggest fans! I can't wait till I have something that I feel worth sharing with you, so I can get honest feedback! I love you hoochie mammas!

(Spell check DID not like this paragraph... lots of red, and I DON'T CARE!!!)

6 comments:

amy said...

I'll say it again, I'm so glad you found me. :) We're going to have a lot of fun and I can't wait!

AMy said...

this is so perfect for you! it is funny when these fate encounters happen. sometimes all we have to it let life happen...this totally makes my day!

The Prices said...

That's so awesome Kirst! Good luck!

Jenni Jackson Clothing said...

kirstynn...i am so excited for you to work with amy and she seems so fabulous!!! you are SOOO nice to mention me in your ode-to-photographers blog (although the photog talk does sometimes bore you to tears)...i don't deserve your praise! love you too hoochie!

Meegan said...

soooo, I just returned home and am laying in bed catching up on blogs... and OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE SO MUCH EXCITEMENT IN YOUR LIFE THAT I'VE MISSED IN THE PAST FEW DAYS!!!
So when you are amazing and taking over the photography world.... can I be YOUR assistant please!? :) Congrats! ugh I am so excited for you!
love and miss your guts. talk to you soon.

Angie Cheney said...

Woohoo! Congrats Kirstynn!