IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, April 18, 2009

No KNEAD bread... Part I

This is a LOVED recipe in my house, and in just about every house that ever has tried this bread. It is so simple even a monkey could make it. Maybe... anyways, its really super duper easy, and your friends will think you are an amazing baker. It has been something that I rarely share with other people, just because I want them to think that I am really good at baking. But, now that we are all alone down here in Virginia Beach, I would like to share it with all of you. I understand that you may think less of me, now that you know how easy it is. But, it is a risk I am willing to take. Just so I can share this enjoyment with you! The hardest part about making this bread is the time that is involved. The dough does all the work, but it takes SEVERAL hours to rise, and you have to plan it out just right, so that it hits the table warm, and on time! So, if you are looking to make bread for Sunday dinner, like me, you have to get going NOW! Or maybe you should wait till next Saturday. That way, you can get the full recipe off my blog before you start. The only thing that you need, as far as ingredients is...


My dad likes to double the recipe, but I am making bread just for our little tiny family, and don't need that much, so here is what you "knead" for a single 1lb. loaf.

3c. flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 5/8c. water (I don't have a 1/8c. measuring cup, so I just eyeball it.)

All you do, is mix it all together, then cover it with plastic wrap. It "kneads" to set over night. 12-18 hours. The longer is rises, the better. Right now it looks like this:

Less then beautiful... but it makes me VERY excited for Sunday dinner! I hope all are enjoying a fabulous weekend. The weather is great here, and we are getting lots done! Have a good one!

3 comments:

Q'Ville said...

YOU ARE AN ANAZING BAKER. The ease is just a perk. You keep BAKING, that is part of the "amazing". It has been yours and dad's secret for this long. Your frieinds will LOVE YOU MORE for sharing it. Dad rolls his in seasame seeds. I love this breat plain, with butter, honey, jan, cheese, creamed cheese, ricotta, did I say I love this bread?

Cristi said...

I LOVE you! I NEED this recipe!! You can make it with wheat flour too, right? (I am not supposed to have white flour.)

I love your recipes. Keep them coming!

Julie Barb said...

Oh my gosh...that is easy!! I'm going to make it tomorrow! Thanks!!