IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, October 31, 2008

Family Pictures!

What pressure! My friend Jean Smith is a photographer. She has made quite the name for herself here in Michigan, and wherever she goes, I am sure. Her work is so great, that it raises so much pressure to perform for her camera. Wednesday was the day! There were wardrobe changes right up until the minute we got there! The weather was frigid! The daddy was crabby! The girl was "diva-ish"! The mom was thin on patience for the un-coopreative ones in the family! The session lasted less then an hour! At the end, I thought, "I know she is good, but how the heck to you make something out of nothing?" It haunted me. I know how incredibly busy Jean is, and how valuable her time is to her clients, and her family. I know that she takes a tremendous amount of pride in her work, and it takes time, and skill to do what she does. The short lecture, given to baby and daddy, following the session was... not well received. I said to myself... "There will be at least one good one..." trying to convince myself. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw this...



and three other freakishly great pictures. JEAN SMITH... YOU SCARE ME! I DON"T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT! And I LOVE YOU! Check out the other spooky pictures on her blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some fine lookin highlights. Nora looks like she has some as well. You all look amazing. You would never know someone had crabby pants.

Kathy Twitchell said...

Kirstynn....those are FABULOUS!!! I love them!!! They will make perfect Christmas cards pictures with the red and green. We are having fmaily pictures next saturday and I am worried Keagan is not going to stay still. We need jean. The girl who is doing ours is fairly new and 60$ for everything. She seems pretty good but not Jean magical good. Anyway GREAT pics!

Jean Smith said...

kirstynn...you make me blush! seriously, your post was so nice and made my day! you family is the CUTEST!!!!

Julie Barb said...

Amazing...I seriously got goosebumps...!!!!

Angie Cheney said...

Jean is just amazing!

Jacque said...

Oh my goodness, those are fantastic!! What a lovely family you have and wow, Jean is awesome!

I laughed at the comments about the cranky dad and child. Sounds about right.

Kevin said...

That is a great pic.