IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, October 2, 2008

WWJD?

This is a story that I JUST HAVE TO BLOG ABOUT! Nothing like this has EVER happened to me before, and I pray that I never have to witness this again! I love to tell stories, and could probably exaggerate a little, but this story, I DO NOT NEED TO Exaggerate to make it nuts! It had me really heated yesterday, and I said some pretty mean things. I am still pretty mad, and may some of the same mean things!

So I had the two kids yesterday, and my one kid. We went to lunch with my mom. When we pulled in, I pulled into the parking spot. The JERK parked to the right of me, has parked right over the line. I didn't really think much of it because I could still fit. So I got out, and walked around to get Nora out. When I opened the door, I opened it enough to touch the guys BIG BAD truck, but not bang it. So I have the door opened with three kids in the back seat, and this guy leans his head out and says... "Get your f-in door off my truck!" Me being the feisty red head my mom taught me to be, said, "You're parked over the line... what am I supposed to do?" He says... "GO F-IN PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOU PARK HERE AND F-IN MARK UP MY TRUCK, I'LL CALL THE F-IN POLICE!" At that point I said, "Man, I have kids in the car!" "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR F-IN KIDS! I WILL SAY WHATEVER THE F I WANT! AND I WILL PARK HOW EVER THE F I WANT!" You know... it took every ounce of my tiny little body to say, I am with two kids that aren't mine, and one kid that if anything happened, she would not know what to do. I got her out, got the other kids out, and went inside. I was shaking! Heart racing! felt like I was going to pass out! When the kids and I went inside, I was delighted to see my dad, and my dads friend. I told them what just happened, and the two men (NOT SMALL IN STATURE) decided to go talk to this guy! Apparently it was the same type of conversation. He was going to call the police, he has freedom of speech, he drives a $50,000 truck! Thankfully, it didn't go any further then just talking. My guys came inside, and this guy stayed in his truck for a little longer. Then he pulled away. Phew! I apologized to the poor innocent little ears that had to witness that. I apologized to their mom too.

I got to thinking about life. I thought about how grateful I am to be happy in my life. I may complain a few times a day about something, usually about Facebook, or the Twilight series, but life is too important and too great to be so angry. I was thinking about what Jesus would do in that situation. I thought he would just ignore the guy, and get the kids out, and teach the children not to be that angry. Joel quickly pointed out that Jesus would say, "I am so sorry", and move the car. WOW! I am pretty far off. (I wonder if Jesus was a red head?) I am so blessed to know what I know about the Savior. I know that I may have been wrong in this situation, and could have done better. Christ is the prime example, and because of His example we can all be better people. If we could all just live our life in a way that we stop and ask "What Would Jesus Do?" imagine that peace and love that would fill the world? "Now go do the right thing!"

5 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

What a horrible situation! I would probably react the same way.

BTW: Why would ANYONE complain about the Twilight series? Don't you like it?

Sisters staying connected... said...

It is fun to talk about what we would have done to the a-hole if I had been there with you. But the truth is that I am SO PROUD of you for not reacting. Sure you said a few things, but it sounds like you kept your cool for the most part. That guy is an idiot. Joel is right (why is he so level-headed?), saying sorry & moving would have floored the guy. If we can't change the red-neck, guess we will have to kill him with kindness. Thanks for keeping your cool & keeping my niece (and the others) safe. Love ya, alie

Julie Barb said...

Man, there are just some downright mean people in this world!! That's crazy. You handled it well. I'm not sure what I would have done....probably apologized and then ran away crying!:) Good reminder to us all about thinking of how to be more Christlike. ~julie

Jean Smith said...

oh my gosh...i am so freaking mad and i wasn't even there! how HORRIBLE! there are just some miserable people out there who make it their right to drag everyone else down to their level. i'm so sorry this happened!!!

Clear the clutter said...

Okay I laughed out loud at your questioning if Jesus was a red head! I am far from Christ like i am afraid, I probably would have encouraged him to call the cops. Then again, with the kids, I may have just ignored him and gone into the restaurant.