IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, October 27, 2008

No Bake treat!

This was my first recipe I taught myself to bake, or... NOT BAKE! I remember coming home from school, and wanting to make myself a snack. The thought was that I would make these cookies. The waiting time for someone like me at that age was unbearable. So, the mixture out of the pot was usually what I had for the snack. Occasionally a few would make it to the cookie stage. Last week, Nora and I made a treat for daddy. Work was stressful, and we wanted him to feel loved. Nora traced her hands on the paper that we wrapped them in. So when he opened them, he would know they were made with loving "hands".





If you yourself are craving a yummy treat, or want to make it for the very special daddy in your life, here is the recipe. He will be very appreciative, and say "Thank you, these are really good!" (Which in my household only happens on a New Moon! Spooky!!!)

INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

3 comments:

Julie Barb said...

I love those...make 'em every Christmas...easy and good!

RH said...

I love these cookies and used to bake them all the time growing up, then we moved here and the recipe got lost!:( Thanx for posting it!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You are so great! Did you know that these are my favorite cookie of all time. My mouth was watering the entire time I was reading your post.