IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whatever Wednesday!



Joel, (who by the way, he refers to himself as CP now, since the post where I called him Crabby Pants) said that family has quit reading about my blog, because it is boring cooking/photography stuff! He said it has been a while since I did a Nora update, and so I lost a few readers. I assumed, anything I put on here about Nora is going to put most readers to sleep. So today, while most of you will be sleeping during this post, she does deserve a little blog time.

Nora will be 2 next week! I pray that when I take her to the doc next week, she weighs in at 20 lbs. I may be turned in if it is anything less! She really doesn't love food. She will eat a TON of food in one day, and the next two days, she just picks. She loves going to Costco, and she will eat an entire 1lb. all beef hot dog. SHE LOVES THEM! Then of course all the yummy samples she loves too. So she will eat. She is totally a beef eater. I am really bored with her size 12 month clothes, that she has been wearing for almost a year, so I pulled out her size 18 month. They are rather huge on her, but she wears them anyway. Yesterday at a play date, her pants were so big, she looked like some kids from high school with her super saggy butt, and diaper hanging out!

She has also taken up an interest in teaching her babies everything I try to teach her. She teaches them to fold their arms when we pray, share their bottles, and how to read. At times she gets quite uncomfortable doing a #2, so I hold her, and rub her back and tell her when to push. Sounds creepy, I know, but she screams it hurts so bad. So I feel really bad for her, and want her to be comfortable. Well, yesterday she told me that her baby has to poop. So she held it up, and whispered in her ear "push.... push baby!" I though it was so funny! (Again, these are all things, that only the mom can appreciate.)

She occasionally has to take a time out, and the other day, it was so cute, I had to take a picture. She didn't want to help clean up the crayons, and was really whinny. It is really hard to take her seriously when she wears glittery yellow shoes with no pants and a t-shirt. I bet it is even harder to take me seriously when I am taking pictures of her.

She loves coming with me to Activity Day Girls activities. She gets so much attention.


She is doing great with her colors, and her letter sounds. She thinks sharing and taking turns is the same things. Some times it is, but when we have to wait our turn to get a stamp at story time, we don't have to share our stamp... it is all very confusing even for me.

I went along with Joel to a doctors appointment the other day, and Awesome Aunt Alie watched Nora while I was there. On the way to Alies this was our conversation:

ME: Mommy is going with daddy to a dr appointment, be really nice to Marley, and Awesome Aunt Alie.
Nora: Daddy, doctor (docdoc)?
Me: Yes, daddy is going to see the doctor.
Nora: Daddy, cry?
Me: No, daddy won't cry. It's ok.
Nora: Nora docdoc?
Me: No, you are going to the doctor next week.
Nora: Oh.... Nora cry!

It was a real conversation! How weird is that? It is so awesome to be able to communicate with her. I love it! She learns so much every day! I can not get over it! She asks about the Disney Princesses every day. She prays for Grandma every day, which is good, because gaga really needs her prayers this week.

Since next week is her birthday, I will try to remember in each post. Which has been really lacking lately! I need so crazy events to happen! Hmmm? I will be working on that!

3 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

Tell CP that we are never bored with your food blogs...especially when you save some for your favorite sister-in-law to try! Very cute layout, but that is what I expect from you. Good job. So, about that book your reading...finish it! Book club is coming up :) I can't believe she is gona be 2. Crazy. You better decide what you want me to get her! Love you...alie

Kevin said...

I'll try to keep reading - very cute pic's of Nora.

Looking forward to you taking our family pictures - maybe even some individual ones for my blog ;)

Helene said...

She is adorable!!