IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One year older, and Wiser too... HAPPY BIRTHDAY... TO YOU!

So today is the day my baby turns 2! Big things happen when you have a two year old. 1) You get less time to blog, becuase 2 naps turn into one, and I just have to be ok with it! 2) Making messes faster then they can be cleaned, becomes a game! 3) Her cute little words that used to make me twitter inside start to make my head HURT!

She is still rather A-mazing, and I couldn't even imaginge it any other way. How about I just say, the first two years really, could not have been more perfect!

Nora and I were discussing her birthday party this year, and what she wanted to do for it. I decided we should look at some pictures from her party last year, and see if there was anything about last year that she wanted to do again. (Praying there wasn't). Come to find out... SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER THE PARTY LAST YEAR!!! 20 kids in costume, a story teller, a balloon animal making clown, games galore!, party favors that took days to make! cupcakes that took hours... she does'nt rememebr. So this year we are going to Red Robin! We will have family over on the weekend, just so that we have an excuse to have people over, but having a toddler really gets tiring, and I am still recovering from last years party.

Instead of making or buying a cake that would get cut into, and be less beautiful, everyone got their own individual cuppy. What 1 year old doesn't love candy, and cake?

This was what took most time. It was so fun though, and I think the kiddies loved them. I really wanted somthing to go along with the cup cakes. The best part was all the spooky slimmy treats inside!
I will never forget... on the year Nora was born, it snowed 1 week before she was born, I remember saying, "Wouldn't it be cool to say she was born on the first snow day?" Last year it was 80 degrees on her birthday! The day was beautiful! This year, has been just as beautiful! Michigan is so awesome!
Nora got a new car on her 1st birthday. She played with it all night! The face... still one of her best expressions...


Happy Birthday number 2 NORA! I love you!!! Now be a good little monkey, and help mommy clean up you cereal off the floor!

5 comments:

Angie Cheney said...

Happy Birthday Nora! You learned by the 2nd birthday Kirstynn! Good job. They never remember 'em. :)

Sisters staying connected... said...

Seriously, that party last yearn was alot of work! Red Robin sounds like a good replacement! I can't believe she is 2! Time flies! We love you baby Nora, happy birthday! ...Ky, Marley, Aunt Alie & Uncle Matt

The Prices said...

Happy Birthday Nora! Have fun at a low key party this year! And, hey Kirst, I know it's tough to go to one nap, but at least she did it for longer than most.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Happy Birthday Sweet little Nora! Wish I could be there to give you a big hug and a kiss! We will celebrate as soon as I get home!!!! I love you and miss you!

Becca said...

YOu are too too cute!!!I love all the party favors and cupcakes!!!how fun!!!I may be coping you!!!We have an Oct. Birthday over here too!!!